Bonus Chapter: You like her, don't you?

*Takes place between chapters fourteen and fifteen!*

Nathan's POV:

I leaned against the kitchen counter with a coffee in hand as I stared at Audrey asleep on the couch, tears stained her cheeks and my sweater looked like it buried her, it was so big. But I couldn't help noticing how adorable she looked.

The front door swung open. Fearing it was Kieran back for round two, I slammed the coffee on the counter and pushed whoever entered against the wall closest to it.

"Dude!" Darian gasped under my arm holding him in a chokehold. "What the hell?"

I dropped my arm immediately and wiped my hands on Darian's shoulders. "Sorry, little brother, we had a little bit of trouble last night and I thought they were coming to start something more."

Darian arched a brow and looked at Audrey on the couch and then at me. "Please don't tell me you had sex with her and one of your flavours of the week walked in or something."

I winced at my brother's accusation. I had my fair share of women but I was tired of that sort of life. Honestly, I didn't realize how much I was tired of it until I met Audrey. She made me think I could do better, be better. Snapping back to reality, I smacked my brother upside the head. "No, you idiot."

When he didn't respond, I grabbed him by the arm and led him to my bedroom.

"Dude, what's going on?" My brother asked, looking utterly confused.

I rubbed my jaw hard and narrowed my eyes as I thought about what Kieran had done to Audrey, not just last night, but throughout their relationship. I wanted to kill him. "Kieran showed up at the apartment last night, seems he wanted to work things out and his approach was by throwing shit at her and screaming at her."

Darian threw his hand up to his mouth and let out a small gasp. "Oh my gosh, is she okay?"

"Not in the slightest," I shook my head. I couldn't wrap my head around how Kieran could hurt someone he claimed he loved, especially that person being Audrey. She was so smart, so sweet, and had quite a sarcastic streak.

My brother's eyes snapped upwards and he inspected me intently. "You like her, don't you?"

"W-What?" I chuckled at Darian's assumption. I scratched the back of my head and gave my brother a smirk. "C'mon little brother, you know I don't work like that."

Now it was Darian's turn to smack me upside the head. "Dude, get a clue! You like her, stop denying it."

I rolled my eyes and I held my hands up in surrender. "Alright, alright. I like her. Is that what you want to hear?"

He smacked me again and started wagging his finger at me like he always does when he's yelling at me. "You better not make a move anytime soon, Nathan West because you just said she's not doing well and the last thing she needs is some playboy bartender getting in her business."

"I know, Dar, I know," I scratched the back of my head again and sighed. "I'm not even sure I'm going to do anything about it anyway, it's not like she'd ever go for a guy like me."

Darian sat on my bed and gave me a pointed look. "She may if you stop dicking around with other girls. If you like Audrey, then act like it. Prove it."

I nodded my head thoughtfully. Prove it. I could do that. I'll help her get through this breakup with Kieran and when she's ready, I'll confess my feelings for her.

Easy.

But not really. Darian was right. I'm a flirt who spends every other night with a random girl, and that needs to stop if I want to be anything more than friends with Audrey.

"Earth to Nathan!" Darian snapped his fingers in front of my face. "If you're serious about liking Audrey, just promise me you won't hurt her. She's clearly been through a lot."

I clenched my jaw tight. "I know, Darian. Do you really think I'd want to hurt her?"

"Good," my brother responded. "Because if you do, you can kiss your beautiful hair goodbye."

Getting annoyed with my brother, I nodded my head as I grabbed him and led him out my bedroom door. "Yeah, yeah. Just don't tell her I told you about what happened. Let her come to you."

Darian nodded his head in response and left my room.

I lay on my bed and sighed.

What I'd do for Audrey to be mine and treat her like the princess she is...