EDITED VERSION: Chapter Eighteen

Samara and I just finished getting ready and I stood in the mirror observing my appearance. I was wearing a dark green dress with long sleeves made of lace and a hemline that cuts off at mid-thigh. The colour of the dress not on made my eyes pop but also complimented my skin tone. Looking at myself, I smiled a little. Samara really knows what will look best on me. I turned to my friend and gave her a big grin. "Thank you for the dress, Sam."

"No problem, girl. I knew it would look great on you," she grabbed her purse off her bed and turned in my direction. "Ready to go?"

I nodded my head, grabbed my leather jacket and slipped on my black pumps. "I could use a drink, or many, come to think of it."

"Amen to that, sister," Samara laughed as we walked out of her apartment to headed to Nathan's party.

***

Music was blaring and everyone was in full party mode. Instead of moping in the kitchen the last party Justin threw, I went straight to the drinks that were behind the couch in the living room.

"Hey, long time no see!" Justin boomed from behind me as I bent down to get beer from the cooler.

I turned around and gave him a hug. "I'm so sorry, I have just been crazy busy lately."

"No worries," Justin said, giving me a kind smile. "Darian told me you have a lot on your plate. But tonight, just enjoy yourself!"

I nodded my head. "I intend to!"

Darian's boyfriend gave me one last smile before he headed outside to the pool area where the snow was cleared and heaters were placed.

For a few moments, I stood there sipping my beer but I got bored of it quickly. Mumbling to myself, I went to the kitchen. "I need some shots."

Once I got to the kitchen, I saw Nathan sitting on the counter with a bottle of vodka in one hand and a shot glass in the other. When he noticed my presence, he gave me a lopsided smirk. "That colour suits you, matches your eyes."

I rolled my eyes and hopped up on the counter, sitting beside Nathan and grabbing another shot glass. "Gimme whatever you got."

He chuckled as he poured my drink and I winced as I swallowed. I nudged him and he poured another one. This time we took our shots together.

I nudged him again and Nathan looked me over. "You're a bit of a lightweight, princess, are you sure you can handle it?"

"Are you sure you can handle it, Mr. Bartender Man?" I challenged, poking him on the shoulder. I was so tired of holding myself back that tonight I just wanted to let loose and have fun.

Nathan chuckled in response. "It is so on."

Fifteen minutes later, I was completely unsure as to how many shots Nathan and I did. We still sat in the kitchen and I was swaying to the music that blasted in the living room, surprisingly not at all feeling nauseous.

"I'm gonna go dance," I slurred out, hopping off the counter and making my way to the living room.

"But princess," Nathan whined from behind me.

Instead of waiting for him, I jumped into the crowd of people, instantly moving to the beat of the songs. I still couldn't believe that Justin was able to book a DJ to perform in his living room. Although, it was a big living room.

I danced and danced until I thought I was going to fall over and die from exhaustion. Suddenly, Samara shimmied her way over to me with a big grin on her face. "It's about time you cut loose, girl!"