Chapter 26: Meeting His Parents

Third Person's POV

-A week later-

"I'm home." Hiro announces as he opens his house's door. Zero Two walks right behind them with her bag.

"Hiro? Is that you?" A female voice asks from some division as quick steps start to be heard. A woman in her 40's appears in front of the couple, wearing casual clothes. When her eyes landed on the boy, she immediately cut the distance between them, taking Hiro in her arms.

"My baby is home! I missed you!" The woman exclaims as he rubbed her cheek to Hiro's face.

Hiro blushes slightly. "Mooom, stop. I have only been away for a week."

His mom pulls away and places her hands on his shoulders, a serious look on her face. "And it felt like a year."

Hiro rolls his eyes but his smile was a sign that he actually enjoyed this side of his mom.

"Honey, our son is here!" The mom yells.

"Of course he is, we had lunch with him." A male voice said.

"I'm talking about the other one! Now get down here! And call his brother by the way!" The woman adds.

"They are always like this. Sorry." Hiro whispers to Zero Two but the girls just shakes her head with a smile.

"Don't worry about th-"

"And who is this?" The woman asks as she finally realizes that there was another person on her house.

"Mom, this is the friend that I told you that would stay here for the weekend remember?" Hiro asks.

"You told me that you would bring a friend, not a FEMALE friend!" The mom says as her eyes start to twinkle as she looks at Zero Two.

"I didn't think tha-"

"So nice to meet you!" The mom interrupts his son as she hugs Zero Two, gesture that took the girl by surprise. "I'm Hiro's mom, Aki. Sorry for the surprise but is just that I never imagined that he would bring a female friend to his house when he never brought someone before." Aki glares at Hiro who gulps.

"O-Oh..." Zero Two babbles.

"You're so pretty. I love your eyes and hair and you seem so nice! Now, tell me, would you be interested in my son?" Aki asks with a hand covering her mouth.

Hiro still heard it. "Mom!"

"What? Do you want to be forever alone?"

"That's not what this is about mom. You're making her uncomfortable."

"I am?" Aki suddenly looks at zero Two with apologetic eyes. "I'm sorry, it's just that this all new for me."

Zero Two blinks twice before smiling. "Don't worry, Aki-san, it's all right. And I don't think that you need to worry about you son being single."

"I don't?"

"No. I'm his girlfriend." Zero Two declares with determined eyes.

Hiro blushes and Aki's eyes sparkle even more.

"But that is great! Oh, Hiro, I'm so proud of you! You never brought a friend home and now you appear with a beautiful girl that is your girlfriend. You obviously are like me." Aki gives her son another big hug. Then, she looks at Zero Two, her eyes turning softer.

"As you may have realized, I'm Hiro's mom, Aki. It's a pleasure to meet you... hm?"

"Oh, my name is..."