Chapter 14: Library

Hiro's POV

I'm once again at the dark room. Instead of being on a chair, I'm simply on my feet.

Suddenly, I start hearing faint voices that start growing as they approach me. Childish voices.

Two glowing figures enter the room, one chasing the other. Their laughs are the only thing that can be heard and they seem so genuine that I get a warm feeling on my chest. After a while, they both sit, side by side as they continue to play.

I focus on the kids. It was a boy and a girl. The girl's face is blurred but I can see perfectly see the boy's face.

My eyes widen. Wait, is that-?

"My mother tells me that a kiss is a declaration that the other person belongs to you; so you should only kiss the person you love." The little girl says. She tilts her head. "So I wonder if you and I will kiss one day."

The little version of me blushes. "I-I mean, m-maybe i-in the future. If you w-want that of course."

The girl giggles. "I bet that I will want."

Then, the two kids vanish and I'm left alone again.

"You break some promises but fulfil others. You sure are something, Darling." The girl's voice echoes in my mind.

My eyes shot open and I sat up. I lift my hand to my chest and the other to my head. My heart was beating fast and I had a small headache.

My mind races with the images of the dream as they appear in my mind. I don't understand this dreams. They seem so real but at the same time so... distant. And there's that one word again. Darling... I don't why but that word has some kind of effect on me. Ever since Zero Two said that word, I have been having this weird dreams. Usually, I dream always the same but tonight was different.

A strange sense of urgency builds up inside me. An urgency to find answers for my questions. And the only person that might have some won't tell me anything about it. If I insist enough, then maybe...

I hear faint snores and I look at Goro. Our room is still dark so it's probably still early. I pick up my phone to see the time: 3:42. Okay, it's really early.

I close my eyes and snuggle into my bed, trying to fall asleep again. I turn around and around, I change positions again and again but it's useless. That dream is always repeating in my head.

An idea pops in my head. It may be a dead end but it's worth the shot.

I pick up my phone again and scroll the contacts until I find the one I want. I click in the message option.

To: Zero Two
From: Hiro 4:09 am

Are you awake, Zero Two?

The answer came so quickly that I got surprised.

To: Hiro
From: Zero Two 4:10 am

Having troubles in falling asleep too?

I smile as I type.

To: Zero Two
From: Hiro 4:11 am

Yeah... I woke up from a strange dream and now I can't fall asleep again.

To: Hiro
From: Zero Two 4:11 am

A strange dream? What was about?

I look at the screen, thinking in my answer. Should I tell her? Maybe it's better not since I'm not even sure of what that meant. Plus, I think that she wouldn't give me any answers trough messages.