Chapter 6: Dance Lessons

Hiro's POV

"Zero Two, I wanted to... to... have dance lessons with you." In the moment I said this, I wanted to punch myself. How much of an idiot can I be? I can't believe that I asked something so stupid!

She raised an eyebrow. "Dance lessons?"

"W-Well, you see..." I think quickly for an excuse. "I don't really know how to dance and I didn't to make an idiot's figure in the ball." I'm already being an idiot, though. "A-And I thought that I could help me."

"Why?"

"You... seem to be a person that knows how to dance." I really want to slap myself.

"I do? No one has ever said that to me." She giggles.

"Do you know what? Forget about what I said, it was stu-"

"I'll do it." She interrupts me and I stare at her.

"What?"

She smiles. "I'll teach you how to dance."

I blush slightly. "O-Oh thanks..."

"Let's start!" She says cheerfully.

"Wait, now?"

"Of course. The sooner, the better!"

"But like, here?"

"Yeah, it can't be here. It has to be somewhere private..." She makes a thoughtful face before snapping her fingers. "Gotcha!"

She grabs my hands and starts running. She was fast. She was almost dragging me. We pass near some students who cast weird looks at us but Zero Two continues. We start climbing the stairs.

"Hum, Zero Two? Where are you going?" I say while climbing.

She takes a glance at me. "You'll see."

We get to the fourth floor as Zero Two turns to the right. "Wait, Zero Two, this is one of the girl's floor."

"Yeah that's why I'm bringing you here."

"But it's forbidden."

She stops and leans in, whispering in my ear. "I will not tell if you do not either."

I blink as she restarts walking. I follow her. She stops at a door and opens it with a key.

"Welcome to my room!" She says and I enter. Zero Two's bedroom, huh? I don't know why but the thought of being alone with her in her bedroom makes me nervous.

"I just have to go to the bathroom. Make yourself comfortable." She enter in the WC. "Oh and by the way," She pops her head from the door. "Don't worry about my roommate. I entered in the middle of the year so there was no one to partner with me." She disappears again.

I scan the room with my eyes. It was just like mine except for Zero Two's stuff. What caught my attention was the fact that the bedroom seemed... empty. Yes, it had a bed, a table, chairs and wardrobes. But it didn't have much personal stuff. The only thing I found was a photo, that was in her bedside table, of a woman in her 30's. I walk closer and grab it.

The woman had short pink hair and green eyes. She was showing a warm smile. A little girl exactly like her was smiling in her lap. I grin as I stare at Zero Two as a child. She was cute. I put the frame back in the bedside table and my gaze moves to another object in the table. It was a picture book.

I remember to read this when I was kid. I grab it and start leafing through the book, recalling the story. It was about a beast that fell in love with a prince. To become human, she swap her wings with a witch. The prince also fell in love with her and they married. But one day, when the princess was returning to become a beast, she left, saving the prince from herself. But the two of them lived sad lives because they weren't with each other.

I never had realized how much this story was sad until now. It wasn't the happy ending that usually happens.

I was brought back to reality with a familiar voice. "I love that book."

I look at her with a smile. "Yeah I like it too. I used to pass hours looking at the images. They are pretty."

Zero Two looks down for a moment before looking up. "Then let's start this lessons!" She picks up the phone and settles it the table, a slow music starting to be heard.

She grabs my hand and pulls me closer to her. My heart starts beating faster and I gulp. "For this type of music, you can dance with two different ways. I will teach you the two of them and later you see the one you like more." I nod.

She places my hand on her waist and grabs the other one, lifting it. Then, she places her other hand on my shoulder and comes closer.

"So far, so good." She jokes. But how was this good?! How did I end up being in her room, dancing with her, with so little distance between us?

I nod, incapable of saying more. Zero Two starts balancing at the rhythm of the music and I unconsciously start doing the same. I can't help but looking at my feet, making sure that I wouldn't step on her.

"Hey, look at me." I hear her.

"I don't want to hurt you." Suddenly, I feel the hand that was in my shoulder in my cheek, forcing me to look at her.

"It's okay." I blush at her words and she places the hand on my shoulder again.

This time, I stare at her eyes. I could feel the pulsation of my heart in my ears. Her eyes... are beautiful. Her whole being is beautiful.

Other thought fills my head. Since when did I start thinking of Zero Two this way? Well, since the first time I met her, I knew that she wasn't like the other girls. And it wasn't only just because of her horns. She had something, some mysterious thing that attracted me.

I feel that I can trust on her, but a little voice in my head insists that she has her secrets too. I know that we all have them but this seems different.

"Okay, now I want you to whirl me." I nod as I lift my arm to turn her around. It was all going okay when she lost her balance and started falling. I quickly catch her, preventing her to fall. And now she is embraced in my arms.

I look at her and I could see her cheeks tinted pink. Zero Two was blushing because of me?!

"Nice catch Darling!"

"Let's go Darling!" I shake my head at the sudden thought. A voice of a child was echoing in my head but I can't associate the voice to a face. My eyes widen and my head starts hurting in a certain place that I know well.

"Dar...ling?"

Hey my dear Dreamers,

I know this a short chapter but I have been busy. But I will have more time to write soon. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Xau!