Chapter 2 : Zero Two

Hiro's POV

"Zero Two?" I repeat. "That's an unusual name."

"It's more like a nickname. No one really knows my real name." She says mysterious.

She suddenly walks in my direction and grabs my cheek. She leans in my ear causing me to get hot there. "I liked meeting you, Hiro." She whispers and steps back.

I stood there, speechless with my mouth slightly open. She giggles and that sound was like music to my ears.

"See ya." She waves and starts walking to the stairs. I turned around to see her back and her hair swinging.

Who was this girl? I never saw her before. For some reason I can't stop thinking about her. Her face, her eyes, her horns... All of that made her beautiful.

Then I remembered the reason that brought me here. I pick up the key to my room and get my student ID. I quickly go down the stairs, rushing to classroom. I look at my watch. 8:28. I made it.

When I enter, I notice that Ichigo wasn't there. I go to Goro's side and I ask him where was she.

"She went to meet the new student. She will bring her here." He answered.

The school bell rang and we go to our sits. We were distributed on pallets that occupied the whole room, so each pallet has a total of 6 students. I was in the second one.

Our professor, Nana-sensei, enters.

"Good morning students." She greets and smiles.

"Good morning." We greet back. Everyone liked Nana.

"For those who don't know, we will be receiving a new student today. I hope that all of you make her feel good here and support her in this transition. We all know how is hard to be the new student." She says.

"Without further delay, I will present her." Nana looks at the door. "You can come in."

Ichigo steps out of the door and my eyes widen by the girl who follows her. The whole class gasps.

"She has... horns?" I hear Zorome whisper.

The girl was the one who was in the hall. So that's why she was on the boy's floor.

"You can present yourself now." Nana said. She didn't seem surprised by her horns. In contradiction, all of us were amazed by that.

Zero Two looks at us. "Hello. Everybody calls me Zero Two so you can call me that too." She bows. "It's a pleasure to be here."

She then lands her gaze on me. She makes a small smile and winks. I jump a little. I could see Goro frowning by my behavior.

"I truly hope that you will enjoy things here. Make yourself at home, please." Nana said with a gentle smile.

"Arigato." Zero Two said.

"Now your seat." Nana makes a thoughtful face while looking at the classroom. "You can seat in the first pallet."

"Hai!"

Ichigo and Zero Two go to their seats. Ichigo, Miku, Kokoro and Ikuno were in the first table too. Ichigo seat was right in front of me and Zero Two sat at her side, in front of Goro.

When she sat, she caught me looking at her and giggled. In one quick movement, she put her fingertips to her lips and threw me a kiss. I blushed and she giggled, moving her attention to the board.

"Hey, did you two knew each other?" Goro asks.

"No. Yes. Well... it's complicated." I look at Nana who had started talking about mathematical functions. "I explain later." He nods.