Chapter 12: Facing Each Other

Miku's POV

"K-K-Kiss you?" Zorome stuttered.

I feel bad for doing this. I'll be kinda using him. I just want to know if I feel some kind of spark if we kiss normally. In one hand, it looks a great idea to me; in the other hand, it looks terrible.

"Yes." I simply say, trying to control my breathing.

"But kissing you was what triggered this whole situation between us. And now, you want me to kiss again?"

He has a point. "Zorome, this time is different. I'm asking you to do it."

"What if you regret and slap me again?"

I shiver. I forgot that I did that. "I'm sorry for slapping you. I shouldn't have done that."

"We both did things that we shouldn't have done that night."

I nod. "But I won't slap you this time. I promise!" I assure him.

"That doesn't me feel better."

Already impatient by his behavior, I cut the distance between us and put myself right in front of him.

He yelps, surprised by my sudden gesture. He blushed slightly and I did the same. Since when does he have this effect on me? And I on him?

"Zorome, I know that this isn't fair for you. I will completely understand if you don't want to kiss me and I will be not angry about it." I look at him in the eyes, searching for an answer in them. They looked confused and nervous. As well as me. "So what do you say?" I whisper.

He doesn't say anything and I look down. I might have just ruined our friendship and I start trembling with my stupidity.

Then I feel an arm around my waist. With my heart starting to beat faster, I look up to him. This time I saw nothing but determinacy in his eyes.

His hand goes to my cheek, directing my face towards him. He slowly closes his eyes and I do the same. My hands go to his chest and he pulls me even closer.

He was doing all this in the most possible gentler way and I knew that it was to compensate me for the first time.

A spark. I just wanted to know if I would actually feel some kind of spark between us. But I felt so much more than that.

His lips touched mine and I felt explosions through my body. Suddenly, all the problems, all the misunderstandings between me and Zorome faded away. All what mattered was this moment and nothing else.

He kissed me in a gentle way, almost hesitantly, like he was afraid that I would pull away and slap him. But of course I didn't do that.

My doubts also vanished; now I was sure of my feelings. And if one side of me was happy because of that, the other side was just... not sad but very uncertain.

The kiss lasted a few seconds before he pulled away. I found myself wanting the kiss had lasted longer. He doesn't move away from our position and neither do I.

"So?" He whispers, after a while.

I close my hands that were still in his chest. "I... I... I think that-"

The ringtone of my phone interrupted me. We pull away embarrassedly and I look at the caller. What timing.

"Who is it?" Zorome asks, seeing my reaction.

"No one."

"I don't mind; you can answer the phone."

"It's not really important." I «hide» my phone behind me, still ringing.