Thirty-Five

Sirius stood next to Belle, a watery smile plastered on his face as Harry greeted his parents for the first time. They watched as James stepped forward first, an easy-going grin on his face. His eyes were glassy, however, and he couldn't find it in himself to pull them away from Harry's face.

"Hi, son," James greeted.

"Is this- is this real? Are you all real?" He asked and Lily nodded.

"This is real," she said softly.

"The Resurrection stone... that created a form of the people you saw. They weren't the real them," Belle explained softly as Harry looked over at her.

"We weren't speaking to you then, but we are now and Harry... we're all so proud of you. We've been with you every single step of the way and not once have we ever wished you weren't our son," Lily said, her translucent hand resting in the air just next to his face. Harry fluttered his eyes shut, tears spilling from beneath his closed eyelids as he revelled in his mother's touch, even if he couldn't feel it.

"Making the quidditch team in your first year?" James started, a grin growing on his face, "I've never been so proud of anyone in my life."

"I'm sorry," Harry said, his voice breaking.

"You shouldn't have died, not for me. None of you should have died."

"We didn't really, mate," Fred said, a small smile quirking at his lips.

"We watched over you and the rest of our loved ones once we were gone. We had each other and we had Belle, too."

"We're not here physically," Cedric started, causing Harry to glance over at him. Belle could see the guilt run over his face and Cedric could too, because he only shook his head, a kind smile resting on it.

"But we were always here spiritually. We never really died, not if we're still being remembered by the people who loved us."

"Cedric, I should never have asked you to take the cup with me, I-"

"You didn't know," he replied kindly.

"You wanted it to be fair, for both of us to win and that's what should have happened. You couldn't have known that it was a Portkey. You took my body back so my family could have a proper funeral and gave them closure and that's all I could have asked for, so thank you." Harry nodded, sniffing as his eyes wandered over to Fred.

"And Fred, George-"

"Will always remember his twin. He knows about me, he knows I'm watching over him. You've got no one to blame but Dolohov, who was killed not long after the wall came down on me. He's got the rest of our family and the store, to keep remembering me by. I told him I'd promise to haunt him for the rest of his life if he did," Fred replied, earning a chuckle from Harry. He brought his free hand up to wipe his nose and his cheeks, sniffing once again.

"Teddy's going to grow up with the world's most kick-arse godfather, surrounded by the people who have nothing left to give but love. He's got a proper family and he'll get to live the life we wanted for him, even if we're not there with him," Tonks said, her hand clutching Remus' tightly.

"He'll know his mother and father died to ensure he had a future at Hogwarts without any threats. I'm sure he'll know we're there, even if he can't see us," Remus finished, glancing over at Belle who gave him a silent nod, a smile on her face.

"Are you still..." Harry trailed off, not sure how to complete the sentence. Remus only smiled.

"No, I'm not a werewolf anymore. That part of me died when my physical body died. Now I'm just Remus, again," Remus finished and Tonks reached up to kiss him on the cheek.

"You were never 'Just Remus', Moony," James stated.

"Yeah, if you were we never would have kept you around at school. Who else could do our homework for us when Prongs and I were out causing trouble?" Harry coughed, covering up a sob that threatened to burst from his throat and Sirius glanced over at the boy.

"Don't apologise, Harry," Sirius spoke up, a small smile on his face.

"My deranged cousin finally got what was coming to her and I'm glad it was by none other than Molly. I'm sorry that I left you so soon, especially after having just got you back but I'm happy here. I'm with my proper family, watching over the ones who are still living," Sirius finished.

"I miss you all," Harry said quietly, his eyes lingering on his parents' for a little while longer.

"I never even met you and I miss you."

"We miss you too," James said, nodding.

"Every day we do. But our lives are finished and the next part of yours is just beginning. You've got Ron and Hermione and the Weasley's and Teddy and Belle now, too. You've still got family, even if you're the only Potter left."

"And we'll be watching. Waiting, until you've fulfilled everything in your life until the very last thing left for you to do is join us. But your time won't come for a while yet. You're still young, you've got your whole life ahead of you," Sirius added. Harry squeezed Belle's hand tighter and she could feel it this time, the warmth enveloping her palm like a glove. She glanced down at it, and then up at Harry who had his eyes on her, a small smile on his face before he turned back to his parents.

"Go and live your life the way we couldn't. Enjoy your friends and family and make the most of being young. When your time's up, we'll be here waiting for you."

"But you'll stay with me? All of you?" Harry asked, his eyes travelling over each of the translucent figures in front of him. His eyes wavered on Belle for a while longer, knowing she wasn't dead and she smiled and game him a nod.

"Always," Lily finished. Harry exhaled shakily and breathed out, fluttering his eyes shut before he let go of Belle's hand. An odd, cold sensation overcame him before he opened his eyes once more. The Astronomy tower was empty and he gazed down at Belle as she started moving. She sat up a moment later, blinking blearily.

"It wasn't much,"Belle said quietly.

"I know you could have said more, but-" Harry cut her off by pulling her in, squeezing her. His heart raced at the touch of the girl sitting next to him and he inhaled as she threw her arms around his neck, revelling in the embrace.

"I said what I wanted to. Thank you, Belle, I'm - I'm never going to be able to repay you for this." Belle pulled back, placing one of her hands gently on Harry's cheek. He leaned into her touch properly this time, feeling her warm fingers against the cold skin of his face.

"You don't have to," she said quietly.

And with that they both leant forwards, their lips meeting in the middle.

"D'you think he'll end up with her?" Sirius asked Lily quietly, looking away from the two teens as they kissed.

"I hope so," Lily said with a smile.

"She's one of a kind."