Twenty-Three

"I can't believe I let you drag me out of bed so early. It's only nine in the morning on a Saturday - I should still be sleeping, Pansy Parkinson!"

"Oh, don't use that tone of voice with me, Miss Frenche. You know better than anyone that if Luna hadn't have come to wake you up you would have been grouchy about missing the trip to Hogsmeade!"

"She's right, Belle."

"This is unfair and I want to go back to sleep."

"You can do that tonight. For now, please enjoy the time away from your homework, the dragon that keeps burning your homework and anything else that may be worrying your little mind."

"Like not getting enough sleep?" 

Pansy threw her arms up, causing Luna to giggle. She just couldn't win with Belle Frenche, could she?

"Alright, alright!" Belle said hastily, readjusting the bronze-and-blue scarf that sat around her neck.

"Where are we going first?" 

"Do you have to ask? Pansy hasn't stopped talking about Honeydukes since you left the table last night," Luna said, causing Pansy to grin sheepishly.

"I swear, you're worse than Remus," Belle muttered under her breath.

"What was that?" Pansy asked and Belle smiled innocently at her.

"Nothing, Pansy. Please continue leading the way."

"No one can be worse than Remus when it comes to chocolate, little Frenche," Sirius said as she fell behind to walk with the three who had decided to tag along on her first school trip to Hogsmeade. 

Cedric, who had spent the remainder of the night annoying Belle, decided to give her the day off before returning to poke fun at her and Harry the next day. Fred, after figuring out what it was that Cedric was teasing her about, decided to join in. He, however, had left to visit George for the day as Bill and Charlie were both helping him out with their store.

Belle snickered when Sirius was pushed over into the snow by a smug-looking Remus. Though he couldn't feel it, Sirius still pulled a face.

"That was very rude of you, Moony. Very rude."

"You did insult him first," Tonks said, causing Sirius to scoff.

"And you're taking his side? We're blood, Nymphadora, you're supposed to be defending me!"

"Oh, you're going to need defending if you call me that one more time," the woman threatened, her hair turning an alarming shade of orange. Belle had to look away to stop herself from laughing. Luna caught her eye and gave her a small, knowing smile. 

"Come on, you lot!" Pansy called. She was standing outside Honeydukes and was waving frantically at them, as she had run ahead as soon as they had entered the village.

"Everything okay?" Luna asked and Belle smiled at her.

"Everything's great," she replied honestly and with a good-natured squeeze of her hand, Luna hurried forward to join Pansy. Just to push the girl who had asked Luna to wake her up at seven that morning, that little bit further, Belle slowed down her steps.

"Oh, you're evil," Tonks grinned when she noticed what Belle was doing. Belle sent her a subtle wink.

"I do learn from the best," she said quietly and Sirius grinned proudly.

"Yes, did you hear what she said to Harry on Christmas?" He asked and both Remus and Tonks sighed.

"You've told us a dozen times, Sirius," Remus sighed.