Twenty-Nine

The next date for Hogsmeade was approaching fast. As the second week of February came into play, it almost came as a relief for Belle to take a break from her schoolwork seeing as she was being rained down on by homework, assessments and difficult classes as the looming threat of N.E.W.T exams for the seventh years grew closer. Though it was a well-needed relaxing break for many of the students, Belle found herself growing more and more anxious as the date came upon her.

ON the morning she was to meet Harry down at the carriages so they could spend the day together, Belle was up early and frowning into her wardrobe. It was never this difficult to chose an outfit with Emilia as the girl loved whatever Belle wore. She wasn't quite sure Harry would appreciate it if she showed up in her favourite Christmas sweater, even though the holiday had already been. Luna, thankfully, had noticed how anxious Belle was becoming and decided to bring her some breakfast in the hopes of calming her nerves.

"I thought perhaps you'd like some tea before you go - it can be very useful in terms of calming, you know," Luna said as she set the teacup and saucer down gently on her bedside table.

"Thanks, Luna," Belle said, absentmindedly picking up the tea cup. She hissed when she took a sip and realised how hot it was, setting it down a moment later with a burnt tongue.

"I should have warned you it was hot," Luna said airily. Belle only gave her a weak smile and turned back to her trunk, with a frown on her face and a burnt tongue in her mouth.

"Are you having trouble picking out an outfit?" Luna asked and Belle sighed.

"I've never worried about what to wear before - just whatever's comfiest at the time!" She exclaimed and Luna raised an eyebrow.

"So what's the problem?" She asked.

"I - what if I end up wearing something ridiculous?"

"What's ridiculous is you stressing about this. You know he's not going to think anything like that, you're just stressing yourself out. Pick out something comfy, drink your tea and then come downstairs and I'll walk with you down to the carriages - I'm going to meet Rolph," she said, her hands gently resting on Belle's shoulder. The girl gave a small sigh and nodded.

"Thanks, Luna," Belle said and Luna smiled brightly in response as she left the dorm room, leaving Belle alone.

It wasn't long after when Belle was standing in her bathroom on her tippy-toes, hoping to get a better look at her outfit.

She wore a pair of ripped, blue jeans that were cuffed at her ankles and a black belt that sat snugly around her waist. A white, short-sleeve button-up shirt was tucked into her jeans, the top two buttons opened displaying the green necklace she had fastened around her neck, barely visible beneath the blue-and-bronze scarf she kept secured around the base of her throat. As she took her wand from the counter of the bathroom, she pointed it down at her shoelaces and watched as they tied themselves tightly, before she tucked it into the pocket of her jeans. Tugging her scarf closer to her, she left the bathroom, picked up her black jacket and headed downstairs.

"See!" Luna announced when Belle made herself present.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" Belle grumbled, earning a smile in response from Luna and the blonde took her arm.

"Are you excited?" Luna asked as they passed the Great Hall and Belle nodded.

"Definitely. I just hope that I don't make a fool of myself, like tripping and landing face-first in the muddy grass." Luna chuckled at Belle's words and patted her shoulder as they exited the front doors of the school, where the rest of the students in their third-year and over, were waiting. In the distance, she spotted Harry, Ron and Hermione all standing together and Belle swallowed nervously.