Eleven

Belle slept for almost twelve straight hours. She woke up at one in the afternoon the next day to the sun shining on her face and the sound of whoops of excitement in the distance. Blinking blearily, Belle glanced down at her alarm clock, before reading the number and cursing loudly, jumping out of bed. She had missed three of her classes and only had Defence Against the Dark Arts left - a class she could get to if she hurried. The homework and study she was receiving from her classes were really beginning to take a toll on her.

Using her wand to freshen herself up, Belle quickly changed into her uniform and bid Sirius, Tonks and Cedric a good morning after she'd hurried out of the bathroom. Picking up her backpack, she tucked her wand into the pocket of her robes just as the door to her dorm flung open, revealing Luna.

"Oh! Good, you're up. I was just coming to see if you were awake - here, this is for you." With a goblet of pumpkin juice in her hands, Luna held it out to Belle who took it gratefully and downed the whole thing in a few gulps. She placed it down on the nearest surface and thanked Luna before the two left the dorm. Luna had to jog to keep up with Belle who was walking terribly fast to get to Defence Against the Dark Arts.

"How did you sleep?" Luna asked. 

"Like a baby," Belle replied.

"Harry asked about you today," Luna said airily as she hitched her bag over her shoulder.

"He wanted to know where you were." 

"Oh," Belle said, fighting off the colour that threatened to rise in her cheeks.

"That's nice of him."

"I told him you slept in and probably needed it - you're taking so many classes this year and working almost as hard as Hermione."

"Well,

"Thank you for the pumpkin juice, I owe you!" Belle said as they stopped outside the Defence classroom and Luna only smiled.

"I'm sure you would have done the same for me. Will I see you at dinner?" 

"I'll be there," Belle nodded, before bidding the girl goodbye and entering the room.

She was met immediately with the sight of Hermione, who had her hands on her hips and a frown on her face. Belle jumped, not expecting the woman to be standing there and she sighed, placing a hand on her beating heart.

"There you are! I was beginning to think that you were going to end up ditching us - I'd asked Luna to go and find you!"

"Sorry, Hermione. I slept in. Er, I was kind of up late last night, doing things..." She trailed off.

"Things?" Hermione echoed and Belle met Harry and Ron's eyes over her shoulder. Ron was snickering, thankful for once that he wasn't on the other end of Hermione's reprimanding, while Harry was only watching her with a pitiful expression on his face.

"Homework, er, bad memories. Sorry," Belle muttered and Hermione sighed.

"Are you okay?" The Gryffindor asked and she nodded with a small smile.

"I'm okay." 

"Good," Hermione said before taking her arm and pulling her over to the pair. She sent Ron a look, who only continued to snicker, before turning to Harry, who she was standing next to.

"Is everything alright? You missed Potions, Charms and Transfiguration this morning," he whispered and Belle nodded in reply.

"I'm okay - better than yesterday at least. Thank you for asking." Harry smiled at her and Belle turned to the front, swallowing down the lump in her throat that had arisen at his expression.