Six

s i x

That Saturday evening, Belle and Luna headed down to the Black Lake together where they were to meet up with some of their new friends. Belle knew a few of them, and had formed acquaintances with some of them whilst hiding in the Room of Requirement the previous year to avoid detection from the Carrow's. Many Gryffindors, a few Hufflepuffs and numerous Ravenclaws were already there gathered in numerous groups around the bank of the lake. She was pleasantly surprised to see that even a few Slytherin students were there, talking to the students in the other houses.

"Belle, Luna!" Hermione called, causing the two Ravenclaw girls to turn their heads, spotting the pretty brunette sitting under a tree with a few of their friends. Some of them had books and homework, while others were simply milling around in the night air. For a September evening, it was pleasantly warm and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

"Hello!" Luna announced happily once they had made their way towards the group.

Echoes of hellos were heard in reply, and Belle smiled gently at everyone who had greeted them. She took a seat next to Hermione on the grass, her fingers fiddling gently with the charm bracelet that sat around her wrist.

"Belle?" A familiar voice from the other side of Hermione caught the curly-haired girl's attention and she looked over to see Neville Longbottom sitting with a group of sixth-year Hufflepuffs.

"How are you?" Neville, a Gryffindor boy whom Belle had been on good terms with since the last school year, called from where he was sitting with a small group of Hufflepuff students. Belle smiled gently, sending him a nod.

"Not too bad, Longbottom. Yourself?" 

"I'm well," Neville smiled at her before turning back to the group.

"How do you know Neville?" A red-haired girl asked from where she was sitting next to Harry and Belle recognized her to be Ginny Weasley.

"We met during the last school year," Belle replied, hoping that would be enough information as she didn't feel like going into detail. Thankfully, it was, as Ginny only nodded. Small conversations broke out throughout the group and Hermione turned to Belle.

"So, Belle, what do you want to do when you've finished at Hogwarts?" Hermione asked curiously.

"I've been thinking about becoming a teacher, actually," Belle replied politely, causing interested in Hermione to spark up.

"What kind of teacher?" 

"Preferably Care of Magical Creatures or Herbology," Belle replied.

"You should go for Care of Magical Creatures," Dean Thomas, a Gryffindor boy piped up. "She was the one who lead the Hippogriffs and that great big three-headed dog into the battle when we needed them." Heat rose into Belle's cheeks.

"Fluffy?" Ron asked incredulously.

"Fluffy?" Belle echoed.

"The three-headed dog. Hagrid named him fluffy," Hermione explained, causing Belle to smile a little.

"That doesn't come as a surprise. But, what about you?" Belle asked, earning a beam from Hermione.

"The Ministry. I'm not quite sure what department I'll be aiming for but-"

"But the highest one, of course," Ron interjected causing Hermione to blush.

"Is it true that you used a time-turner in our third year?" Belle asked curiously, causing Hermione, Ron and Harry to peer at Belle in surprise.