“Even though us old fellows are already getting on in years, but our minds are not yet muddled. Don’t hesitate to say out whatever troubles you have, after we all judge, we will naturally help give you justice.” After Zhang lao finished speaking, the other elderly men nodded in approval.

Jing Yang received the VCR that Chen Rui handed over, and after the TV was also placed, he turned to all of the reporters. “All of the material that I’m going to broadcast, it’ll be best for you all to record it down word for word. Then it could be considered that you didn’t come with them a trip in vain.”

After Jing Yang pressed the start button on the VCR, the TV showed the Lu family hall, and then the image of going upstairs. Then the image stopped in front of a wooden door. The door was open with a gap of two finger widths, you could approximately see a man and woman inside, speaking with their backs to the camera.

Zheng Jianlin saw this scene and froze, he had a very bad premonition, but he couldn’t say clearly why he had this kind of premonition. He knew who the people were inside, but this scene, and the content of the conversation at that time, for a moment he was unable to immediately remember.

Jing Yang turned the volume up to the maximum, and the TV transmitted the sound of the conversation between the man and women. All of the people at the scene pricked up their ears to hear every single word clearly.

While the male and female were talking, they would often call each other’s names. The man called the woman Qiurong, the woman called the man Jianlin. The woman asked the man when he would finally be able to divorce with Lu Xuexian and then marry her. The man told the woman not to worry, Lu Xuexian still controlled a large portion of the assets in her hand, he still hadn’t been able to seize over all of them, so for the time being he still couldn’t divorce her. Until he could bring all of the Lu family assets, including the Lu family ancestral residence, under his name, he would divorce with Lu Xuexian, and then he could let her become mistress of this house.

In the conversation, they also mentioned the process of the man causing the death of Lu Deyuan. The male voice said, at that time his affair had been found by Lu Deyuan, and he was almost chased out of the home, but fortunately he had acted quickly and had killed Lu Deyuan that old thing. He had married into the Lu family, scheming for so many years in the Lu family, he had almost failed at the final venture.

The woman said that she frequently came to the Lu home, would it be bad for her to be seen by Lu Xuexian. The man replied that Lu Xuexian was really weak, even if she saw her she wouldn’t dare to say anything, she would definitely never mention getting a divorce.

The man said that in the future the Lu family assets and restaurants would all change into the Zheng family’s, and the Zheng family would be given to his son Junming to inherit…

After the two people bantered flirtatiously for a while, the woman asked the man if he had ever liked Lu Xuexian before. The man responded that in the past he had liked her, even though it was only for the Lu family assets that he kneeled in front of Lu Deyuan to say that he wanted to marry his daughter, but in his heart he still had some good feelings for Lu Xuexian. But now he only liked her alone, for Lu Xuexian’s constantly weak and ill body he had no interest since long ago, how could Lu Xuexian compare with her coquettishness and unrestrained manner in bed…

The video disseminated the man and woman’s intimate sounds, for the people on the scene, some people used ridiculing gazes to look at Zheng Jianlin, and other used disdainful glances to look at him. Zheng Jianlin’s body swayed, his legs and feet went soft, he almost couldn’t stand anymore. That conversation, he had completely remembered. Zheng Junming’s complexion was dreadfully unsightly, especially after the TV started transmitting his father and mother’s explicit intimate sounds.

The image left the gap of the door, the affectionate sounds of the two people gradually faded away. Another door was pushed open and entered a warmly decorated room. The camera lens directly faced a mirror on the dressing table, in the mirror appeared a woman holding the VCR, her face was deathly pale, as if she had lost her soul. This woman somewhat resembled Lu Jingyu, the people on the scene naturally could guess who she was.

The woman’s eyes were spiritless, she sat down in front of the dressing table. The VCR in her hand was also set down, the camera lens stayed facing a corner of the mirror.

After that there wasn’t any significant images. Jing Yang turned off the TV and then turned to ask Zheng Jianlin, “What else do you want to say?”
auroranovels.wordpress.com

Translator Notes: auroranovels.wordpress.com

[1] an unending stream – 源源不断, idiom, means a steady flow/stream
[2] appropriate – 占为己有, taking for oneself what rightfully belongs to others
[3] greedy and insatiable – 贪得无厌, idiom, avaricious, never satisfied
[4] repeat over and over – 口口声声, idiom, to keep on saying something again and again
[5] in an aboveboard manner – 光明正大, honorable and fair, no tricks
[6] pointed with blame – 指指点点, means to gesticulate, or to point the finger of blame
[7] have to say – 什么好说, means something relevant to say
[8] pricked up their ears – 竖起耳朵, strain to hear something
[9] failed at the final venture – 功亏一篑, idiom, ruining an entire plan at the final step
[10] banter flirtatiously – 打情骂俏, flirting, having fun