Candles | Lafayette x Peggy

AN: This one became quite fitting since I just came through a snow storm myself. I hope you enjoy this short little thing. 

Day 10 of Kissmas

Something was stirring outside. The temperature was far too cold for anytime outside to be enjoyable. Snow had already begun to fall but the trees showed how the wind began to pick up speed.

Inside, Lafayette and Peggy were curled up on the couch, sharing a blanket. The popcorn bowl sat in between them as they watched the latest Christmas movie. The lights began to flicker and the sound of the wind could be heard howling outside. The couple sat up a little straighter and looked towards each other.

That's when Peggy noticed the weather outside. All that could be seen was white as a snow storm rolled through the city. "Oh, shit." Peggy whispered but before Lafayette could even turn to look at what caused Peggy to react in the way she did, the lights went out.

"Oh, that's why." Lafayette said once he saw the blizzard that was happening outside.

The two gathered as many candles as they could before it got too dark in the apartment. "Looks like you could be staying a little longer than planned." Lafayette commented as they placed candles on the coffee table.

"I don't mind it, if you don't." Peggy said, looking over at him.

Lafayette shook his head. "Not at all, mon cheri. There is no one else I would rather wait out a snow storm with."

Peggy smiled, placing a kiss to his cheek. "Me either."