Holiday Baking | Laurliza

Day 8 of Kissmas

Cookie sheets, mixing bowls, and various other utensils and ingredients were spread out around the kitchen. Flour was covering Eliza's hair and cheeks. She was making enough cookies to fill a small tin for each of her friends plus to have enough to last her and her sisters at least a week.

"John's here!" Peggy called out as she walked past the kitchen since she was long kicked out for trying to eat some of the cookie dough instead of cutting out the different shapes.

Eliza frantically tried to clean herself up before her boyfriend arrived in the kitchen but all that did was add more flour to her hair.

"Hey babe." He smiled, chuckling a bit as he walked into the kitchen. "Whatchya doing?"

"Making cookies for everyone. I totally forgot we were doing movie night, I'm sorry." She blushed. She had thought she would be done by now but she could make at least another batch or two with the dough she had left.

John gave her a sweet kiss as he wrapped an arm around her waist. "Don't worry about it. Can I help?"

She smiled into his kiss, leaning a bit into his side. "Sure, just don't eat them like Peggy was doing."

"No promises." He smirked as he sat down on a stool.

"Then you can get out of my kitchen." She pointed towards the living room, completely serious.

John held up his hands in surrender. "Okay, okay, no eating the cookies. Now what chef?"

Satisfied with his answer, Eliza moved the cookie cutters closer to him. "I'll roll out the dough, you cut the cookies?"

John nodded, grabbing a stocking shaped, ready to make his first cut. "You got it."