(Remy x Deceit) cold

It was cold.

Too cold.

He was freezing.

His teeth chattered. His body trembled.

The tip of his nose was bright pink, his skin was deathly pale and cold to the touch.

There was always ups and downs for being part snake. Most ups were that he always felt cool during the hot weather.

The downs?

Well, the cold weather can be a terrible experience. It was way too cold, deathly cold. To others it would merely be a chill, but for him, it was as if he were in a blizzard on the verge of catching hypothermia.

This winter wasn't like the others. It was harsher. Colder. Just the whistling of the wind was enough to chill him down to the bone. No matter how many blankets he had, they didn't work. He so so cold.

He couldn't move, he stayed in a fetal position, curled around himself, trembling.

His breathing was shaky and came out in short stutters. This wasn't good, something wasn't right.

He felt so tired...

So sleepy..

Slowly, he drifted.

“Dee!?” A muffled voice called for him.

“Dee are you in there!?”

Someone was knocking, no, pounding at his door.

“That's it I'm breaking this damn door!” The person shouted and kicked down the door.

The deceitful trait didn't even flinch.

The familiar, sassy trait, gasped upon seeing him and ran to his bed where he lied unmoving. Just trembling.

“Oh my God! Hey Dee can you hear me!?” He asked frantically and lightly shook his shoulder.

Deceit stared at him with glazed eyes. Remy cupped his face and but his lip. “Come on, I gotta get you out of here hon.” He murmured and pulled him up. Deceit whimpered and soon found him against Remy's chest, nothing but a mere heap of blankets and cold limbs. Remy hissed as soon as he felt how cold Deceit was and gathered many blankets, he immediately wrapped them around the freezing trait.

“Stay with me doll, you're going to be okay.” Remy assured, and with all his strength, he lifted the shaking trait and ran to his room, passing by the others who were confused by what was happening. Soon both traits were in Remy's room, the sunglasses wearing side settled the snakelike trait on his bed and searched his closet for blankets. Deceit bit down on his lip in an attempt to stop the chartering of his teeth and scooted himself to the nearest corner of the bed, pressed up against the wall.

Remy cheered as he found what he was hoping to find and sat at the edge of the bed, be plugged in the wire and tossed the rather large blanket over Deceit. “I've got you sweetie.” He smiled and held a small remote control in his hand. Deceit watched with curious eyes and flinched when Remy pressed a button and the blanket emitted a low hum.

Minutes later Deceit was warm, he let out a shuddering breath and closed his eyes. “T-thank you.” He stammered and reopened his tired eyes. Remy sighed out and scooted closer to the trait. “Mind if I join you?” He asked. Deceit blushed and reluctantly shook his head. “No-not at all, I'm okay with it.” He stuttered.

Remy giggled and climbed under the blanket, he scooted closer to Deceit and wrapped his arms around his figure. Deceit quietly yelped and tried his best not to freak out as he was once again pressed against his chest. “You're ice cold darling.” Remy shuddered and hugged him tight. Deceit hummed and once again let his eyes slide shut. “You can sleep now, I got you, I'll keep you warm.” Remy whispered to him and ran his fingers through his hair.

Deceit sighed and clung to him as if his life depended on it. “Relax honey, just sleep.” Remy cooed.

“I'm here.” He pressed a sweet kiss against his chest.

“I'll always be here for you.”

“Because...”

“I love you. So very much.”

And together, both traits drifted into a peaceful and warm slumber. Bodies pressed together, sharing each others breath, and hearts full of love.