Chapter fifty one

Rating
|PG13+|mild profanity|

Rating|PG13+|mild profanity|

Buzz. BUzz. BUZz. BUZZ.

The alarm went off four times before I had the strength to whack it. With a heavy groan, I dragged myself out of bed.

I scanned the hotel room.

Wow, isn't today an amazing fucking day?
I must be so happy in my damn life.
Who wouldn't be happy to have a life as shitty as mine.
WoNdErFuL!  

I shivered, goosebumps traveling down to my spine. I had lost all warmth within me. I felt like nothing more than an ice sculpture.

Everything around me was so bland and cold I could hardly bare waking up. I kept my focus on the carpeted floor as I struggled to hold back the tears.

How could someone do this to me? How could a guy make me feel all these feelings. New feelings. Love feelings. And then, lie to me. Was his warm smile or soft kisses real? Was it all just a fantasy being played out in the folds of my mind.

Just then, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID, it wasnt Uzi. I would have been lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. I held the phone up to my ears, still hoping it was him.

An older yet casual voice answered the phone, “I've hardly heard from you. Are you with your aunt?” It was my dad--Brian.

I shook my head but then I remembered I wasn’t facing him.

“I don't live with her anymore.” I looked around my hotel room again. The colors were dull peach and greens. It was unwelcoming, just not as much as Louise’s home was.

“Then, where do you live?” He slightly raised his voice.

I sighed, “For now a hotel, I guess.”

My dad paused leaving the both of us in silence.

“Move in with me. I have way too much space here for my daughter to be staying in a hotel.”

I didn't want to trust him. I hardly knew the guy. But, then I thought about last time I saw him. He was more human than ever. He was just like me.

“Okay---I’ll text you the address.” I said, deciding moving in with him was the best option.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It was a misty day. Clouds hung heavily in the sky, shielding the sun. Brian unloaded the car,his long black hair blew in the wind. He didn't say much. Not many questions. Nothing about his dead friend---

I guess he really was like me. Like father like daughter. He was holding back the tears. Letting then run down his throat instead of his cheeks. Allowing his anger to turn into a blank, numb of nothingness. He held how he felt in a cage. That was what I did with Uzi when he told me, his ex was having his baby.

As he carried my heavy suitcases up the stairs, Brian kept glancing around the house and checking his phone. I questioned if there was something else going on with him.

Is he hiding something?
Or maybe it’s just me.

“There--there you go--Jas--men--mine.” He slid my suitcases over to me as we reached my new bedroom.

I eyed him suspiciously before closing the bedroom door.

Studying every corner of the room, It looked as if Brian had been waiting for me to move in with him. The bed was a dark purple. A color that reminded me of Uzi’s hair.

The white carpets felt pillowy soft. Which made me thought about Uzi’s comforting chest. And the  
fresh flowery smell, made me think about my mother’s graveyard and how Uzi placed greenery around it.

I wonder what he’s doing now? It’s been nearly a week.
Has he moved on?
Is he with Brittany now?

The thought of him being with her, not me made my chest cramp up with jealousy.

There was a soft tap on the door that interrupted my thoughts.

“Come in.” I said, not thinking much of it.

But then, I looked over my shoulder to see Uzi. Fear quickly engulfed me. I was afraid he’d see the real me, the real ‘how I feel’ pour out. Because it was hard to keep my wild animals caged. That was what he wanted. I however, didn't want him to win.

“How the hell did you get in here?” I asked fiercely. Deep down, I wasn't so fierce. I was crying in betrayal. Screaming in fear.

He had a bouquet of pink roses. Cautious as I eyed him with disapproval, he placed the bouquet in a corner of my room.

“Your dad---I called him and he said I could apologize.” I gulped. My father was betraying me as well. It was all a set up. It explained his irrational behavior.

“Get out or else!”

He just wants to torture me.
He wants me to suffer even more than I have.
I bet he’s waiting to see me collapse on the ground, betrayal leaking from my eyes.
Then, that evil bastard of a grape will feel satisfied.

“Listen Jasmine, I'm sorry for everything,” There was a sincerity in his voice, honesty on his face that made me listen,  “There’s a lot I can't fix. But--I don't know--your reaction when I told him--” He looked down for a moment.

My body was screaming to wrap myself, arms and legs around him. Meanwhile my head was forcing me to stay still on the bed.

He looked back at me, “Jasmine I just wanna know--do you love me as much as I love you?”

UNTIL NEXT TIME,
THE END.

This should be illegal

w

ιll ѕнe ѕay yeѕ wιll ѕнe ѕay ĸnow? 👀 yoυ'll ғιnd oυт ιn тнe neхт cнapтer!

тнanĸ yoυ agaιn ғor all тнe ѕυpporт! ι apprecιaтe yoυ gυyѕ :)