Chapter thirty seven

Rating
|PG13+| mild profanity|

Rating|PG13+| mild profanity|

|JASMINE SANDERS|

He looped his long arm around my neck and leaned against me. I smiled. It was like old times again. Back in high school and all.

With our feet slushing in the melted snow as we strolled down the sidewalk. It had been a while since I enjoyed now for a moment, having useless conversations with people that mattered to me.

“So you’re going out on a date with Little Uzi Bert?” Tracey smirked at me. He was just jealous.

I always knew Tracey had a crush on me.  I never gave him a chance because he dyed his dreads too many colors and he tattooed his face too many times.

“Shut up, leave them alone. They look cute together and you’re just jealous.” Grey shot a glare at Tracey.

Grey and I had pushed our argument to the side. That was what we always did. And it had seemed to work.

Cindy burst out laughing and nearly spilled her can of beer as she stumbled. Tracey rolled his eyes, using his arms to stop her from falling.

“She’s a lightweight.” I whispered to Greyson.

“Okay but Jasmine for real, you need to be careful with Lil Uzi Bird.” Tracey thought he was slick, giggling away with Cindy.

“I can handle my love life, thank you very much.”

“No, no, no--he’s a rapper. Rappers are different.”

I tried to ignore Tracey. Most of the time he spoke rubbish. He always wanted to get into my head.

Curiosity got the best of me, “How are they different?  Last time I checked, im around rappers often.”

“Yeah well, Lil Grey Skies and I are different. Besides, you've never dated a rapper before---listen to me Jasmine, you better watch your back, bitches are like fleas for us niggas.”

Yeah well Uzi isn't like that
Is he?
No
He isn't playing me
Is he?
No.
Yes.
Maybe.
No.

I gritted my teeth, staring ahead of me, pushing my doubts away.

“You’re just mad I didnt suck your---”

“You know what? Let’s talk about other things, like your dad.” Cindy interrupted.

Oh yeah.....