chapter seventeen

Rating

|PG 13+| mild profanity|

|LIL UZI VERT|

My arm became caught in Jasmine's grip. I hated when we were so close. Everytime her skin came to contact with my skin, something catastrophic would erupt within in me.

I feared her and I didn't know why. But, even stranger, I loved fearing her. I seemingly enjoyed how anxiety would creep up my neck and seep into my bones when she was around.

You're a sick person--Demon

"I'm not stupid! The way you looked at her, the pain in your voice--it was like you were in love with her!"

Jasmine kept pushing and pushing. I thought she would never stop studying me. Why did she even bother to do so? She always studied me like I was interesting or important.

What if she discovers me?
What if she rips the layers away and discovers the demon inside?
What if....

Why cant she just let things be?

"Stop being so curious all the time." I muttered under my breath, trying to keep myself from exploding.

I had thought that by then she would shut up. She didn't. Her angry eyes were still fixed on me, exploring my every detail.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" She questioned, tilting her head to the side.

Everything was wrong with me. My mind. My life. My heart. My addiction.

Of course, I couldn't explain myself to her. It would be useless. I just gazed back at her as the wind toyed with her curls.

I gazed back at her and got lost. I got lost in her glossy lips in which were opening and closing, trying to find something to say. I got lost in her cheeks that everytime she smiled would form deep dimples
I got lost in her eyes--no--lost was an understatement. I drowned in her eyes and I thought I would never swim back up.

Her beauty terrified me.

"I have to go--Jasmine."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I spent the hours hunched over in a chair. My fingers wrapped around a pencil, scribbling away lyrics. Lyrics filled with emotional rants that had been erased and gloats underlined in bold.