chapter twenty

Rating

|PG13+|light profanity|triggering topics|

|LIL UZI VERT|

Jasmine disappeared in the fog. Easily, I could have left Jasmine to herself. However, for some unknown reason, I couldn't bring myself to. It bothered me that she was alone in a storm, hurting.

Why do you care so much, Uzi? The demon inclined.

Are you really letting your protective walls
down for her?

Can't you see what you're doing?
You are falling in--

I forced his voice to the back of my head.

I pressed my foot on the accelerator and sped through the storm. Narrowing my eyes, I tried to catch every detail ahead of me. Because any detail could be her.

I didn't blame Jasmine for doing what she was did. I would have done the same thing if I was her or maybe even worse. But, there was no running away from rejection. You had to face it or it would face you.

Maybe I should take my own advice.

It was well past three am, jagged streaks of lighting bolting across the sky. Rain wouldn't stop falling, it kept slamming itself against the city. The city I had searched high and low for Jasmine.

Give up, Uzi. Go home. --The Demon

I wouldn't give up on finding her. My instincts told me to keep going. Her dimpled filled smile kept flashing in my memory. I needed to make sure she was okay. I needed to see her up close and feel her in my arms and--

I just needed another dose of Jasmine. And I was pretty sure she needed a little bit of my help too.

Suddenly, I saw a girl in soaked clothes. Her hair was like a drenched mop, her eyes even in the dark were a blazing blue, her lips were cracked like holes in a ground, like the holes in my heart. It was Jasmine.

I skewed onto the sidewalk, blocking her from walking any further. I reached over and shoved her side of the door open. I honked as a signal for her to enter.

For a while, she just stared at me, the cold rain piercing her skin, shivering tremendously. I stared back at her, praying she wouldn't bolt in the opposite direction. It was only when she entered my car that my heart stopped slamming into my ribcage.

She held herself in her arms and trembled. I wanted to give her my jacket but, I had decided against it, feeling it was too personal. After all, I had to remember that our relationship wasnt going to last long.

Instead, I sighed and turned the heater as high as it could go. I felt the warmth swirl around the car and liquify the tension between us.

I focused my eyes on the road, keeping my mouth shut. I had to build up the courage to speak first.

As we neared my apartment, I knew had to ask, say, do something.

"What happened back there?"

I kept my eyes on the road. Afraid that if I looked at her, I'd feel her pain even more than I did. I wanted to keep as much distance between us as possible.

"I--don't know--I--" She paused, pushing herself further into the chair.

It's as if she reliving the night isn't it?

"Jasmine--"

"I don't even know what happend. All I know is that Kyle who I thought was my dad, isnt my dad and Marilyn is. My aunt--"

I gulped down the heaviness in my throat. My skin was crawling with uneasiness.

This girl beside me. The girl I had hated, was the daughter of my favourite artist. How the fuck was I supposed to react to all of this?

And for the first time in my life I actually, disagreed with something Marilyn did. How could he reject his own child? They even had the same grey, grey eyes. It didnt sit right with me. Nothing in this situation did.

"Your aunt what? Has you mom kept this a secret from you?"

I would never forget the broken look in her eyes. I could see the earthquake rustling inside her.

"Kyle killed my mother." She quickly looked away from me.

You just made things worse, you idiot--Demon

My eyes softened at her, I placed my hand on her back, feeling the drenched fabrics of her sweatshirt.

"I'm--sorry." I wasn't sure how to react or what to say to comfort the girl in pain. So I stutterd, feeling stupid and guilty like it was my fault she was hurting.

"Don't be sorry. One second I was in my room playing with dolls and the next I was greeted with the sight of a dying mother," She paused, wiping her wet strands of hair behind her ears, "I'm not sure what happened after that. My life became a cold blur. Filled of nights where I would cry myself to sleep---nevermind, Ive opened too many wounds already."

Jasmine just stopped and continued to stare out at the window. A cold feeling cast over me. I was wondering what 'wounds' could she possibly be speaking of?

Could it be the wounds in her heart?

I thought I had problems I was going through. I was but, Jasmine came from a darker place in life. A place where she probably didn't smile often. And I part of me wondered, if the real reason why she called me and not one of her friends was because she didn't have any real ones. She was probably lonely like me. Just in a different way.

lonely like me....

I wanted to fix her. I didn't know why. I didn't know how either. I just wanted to pick up her broken fragments,sweep them away. I wanted--no--needed to see that smile again. Blush tinting her face, a slight dent in her cheeks, a glimmer flashing in her eyes.

But what if you get stabbed by her fragments' sharp edges?---Demon.

UNTIL NEXT TIME,
THE END.

*ѕιpѕ тea* нow do yoυ ғeel? 👀

ι waѕ ѕo вυѕy waтcнιng caт vιdeoѕ тнaт ι alмoѕт ғorgoт тo υpdaтe lol.