chapter four

Rating
|Pg13+| Mild profanity|

Rating|Pg13+| Mild profanity|

|LIL UZI VERT|

*Ringgg*

I awoke to a loud buzzing sound penetrating through my ears. I groaned, answering the phone.

"What?" I mumbled.

"Wake your ass up!" It was my manager, Young Thug. His booming voice was rowdy enough to spike me like coffee.

At least someone cares enough to call me today.

"For what?" I managed to roll out of bed and rubbed my eyes.

"I don't know, man, but, the boss of Atlantic Records wants to speak to you at his office. ASAP. "

Bumps of fear rose on my skin. If Craig Kallman wanted to "speak" to you, it meant bad news.

"I'll be there shortly." I hung up the phone, moaning miserably.

I turned around, expecting to see Brittany lying there on the other side of the bed. Of course, she wasn't. That only made the start of my day worse. Because I remembered how empty I felt. I remembered how many times I called her with no response. I remembered the void she left.

Brittany, why did you do this to me?

Why did you break my heart the way you did?

Now I am truly alone.

Like a fucking loser.

I splashed cold water on my face. Although it revived some of me, it wasn't enough. Water wasn't going to numb the pain Brittany caused. I needed something stronger. I needed the orange pill bottle.

I stared at it. I wanted to feel disgusted at myself for even considering taking them. But that tactic wasn't working. The demon inside me was whispering his evil sayings. I could feel his presence within my body. He was reminding me how good it felt to be numb.

I poured two xans in my hand and swallowed them dry in a single gulp. I started to feel parts of my body numbing. My head became a little lighter. The pain slowly deteriorated.

I'll never take Xanax again. I promise.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I met up with my manager in Craig Kallman's office that early morning. I sat down in one of the office's chairs, Thug remained in the corner. I anxiously spun around in the chair, waiting for my boss.

He entered the room with a cockiness, his brown hair slicked neatly on his head. His shoes reflected the ceiling. He was dressed in a classy suit. Then, he sat down, his eyes fixed on me causing my heart rattle.

"Good Morning, Mr.Kallman."

"Good morning, Symere Woods or shall I call you Uzi?" He flashed me one of his charmingly pleasant smiles.

"You wanted to talk?" I croaked, clasping my hands together.

"So, we know that you are doing well here at Atlantic Records, but, good is never good enough." I nodded and scratched my head.

"You've heard of Cardi B, right? She recently signed to a record label and she is doing great!"

"Yes, I have." I croaked again, my throat going dry.

The heaviness in my stomach became apparent.

What can Cardi B possibly have to do with me?

"Well, she has been here, not as long as you and she is already making a lot more money for this record label than you are. You know we have to cut some people off and I don't want you to be one of them."

Don't you think you have had enough of this man already? --Demon

I shifted uncomfortably in my chair, "What is it, Craig? What do you want me to do? Just get to the point, please."

"Make a song with Cardi or you're off the label. End of the story, Uzi." He stood up from his chair and briskly walked out of the room. I eyed him from behind.

Young Thug looked uneasy as if he was about to pass out. I didn't blame him. Maybe it was the Xanax, but, I felt like passing out too.

"How are you gonna make a song with Cardi if you been having beef with her man for a while? You gonna apologize to him?"

I shook my head, wishing I took more Xanax. I buried my face in my hands. Why was life being so hard on me? There was no way I was going to apologize to Cardi's boyfriend. I wasn't the sorry ass kind of a guy. But, if I didn't do something soon, I could lose my record deal.

"I don't know man, I have to figure something out. I know one thing, I'm not going to apologize to that nigga Offset."

Young Thug tied up his brown dreads. Something he did often when he was thinking.

Our mouths remained closed yet, our heads ran wild and open, trying to create resolutions.

"Thug, may give me some time alone?" I finally said.

"Don't worry, we'll handle this." Without another word, he walked out of the room.

When I was stressed I didn't want anyone to see, even if he was my manager. I knew that I was going to say or do something that would expose my true self. The side, that not even my manager could see.

With my eyes shut, the xans hardly numbed the agony I was suffering with. Agony was cramping my bones. Anger boiling in my blood. Fear racing in my chest.

I wished I could go back to my SoundCloud days. The days when I was just rapping for attention. The days when a record label wasn't controlling my life.

Just then, my phone rang off. It was a picture from Instagram. Somewhere on a balcony with cheery blue skies was Jasmine. Her face pressed against Cardi B's.

That gave me the idea I had been looking for.

Until next time,
The end.

This should be illegal

lмao, ι нope yoυ're noт annoyed вy тнeѕe aυтнor noтeѕ.
ѕorry ғor тнe вorιng cнapтer, any wayѕ тo ιмprove ιт?

10/5/2018