Chapter 40

We did it. We made it back to Magus Academy alive.

It was after Jamie was finally allowed out of the infirmary that we returned to our home, extremely nervous about the trouble we'd get into.

Of course, the royals would probably be let off seen as they really had no choice but to lie however I would probably be the one to get the short end of the stick.

Once the carriage reached Magus Academy, I waddled my way out of the carriage, with the help of Maxine, whilst Jamie limped behind us with his crutches.

Once we entered the building, we were met by many stares, causing me to roll my eyes and glare at everyone as we made our way to the headteacher's office.

When we reached the outside of the room, Maxine darted straight into her mother's arms; even though Mrs Blackburn was probably furious at her own daughter, I knew she'd let Maxine off easily.

Me, not so much.

Once the two of them backed away, Mrs Blackburn gave me a menacing glare, causing me to gulp loudly.

"Good luck," Jamie whispered, patting my back with one hand and causing me to glare at him.

"Miss Stone. My office. Now." Mrs Blackburn suddenly said bluntly, causing me to look at my feet sheepishly whilst following the headteacher into the office.

When I settled down into the chair, I began to fiddle with my thumbs, my heart hammering in my chest.

"So... how long am I going to be in detention for?" I asked, bracing myself for the worst.

"What makes you think I'll be giving you any detentions?" Mrs Blackburn asked, causing me to look up at her in shock, "Although your plan may be reckless, you have still essentially saved the whole of Celestiam as well as returning alive _ I believe that fact alone makes up for you sneaking out."

I beamed gratefully, my shoulders sagging in relief, before I said, "Thank you so much, Mrs Blackburn!"

The headteacher smiled as a reply before gesturing for me to leave the room.

"Go on then," Mrs Blackburn said, "Let me scare the living daylights out of the other kids ok!"

I laughed loudly before walking out of the office, only to be met by Jamie waiting outside with his crutches.

"So, the verdict?" Jamie asked as I smirked at him.

"Why don't you take a look in there yourself?" I suggested, causing Jamie to roll his eyes before hobbling into the office, clearly nervous.

Once again, I decided to carry on being a good girlfriend and waited for Jamie to come back out with an amused expression on his face.

"You really enjoy scaring me don't you?" Jamie asked, causing me to nod cheekily.

"It's basically my thing!" I then replied, "I mean, everyone knows that I almost get killed all the time just to give you a heart attack!"

We then started walking back towards the living room in the royal's wing, with Jamie obviously struggling to get up the stairs because of his crutches.

After what felt like hours of me trying to help Jamie up without having him break his leg a second time, we finally reached the royal's wing, causing me to sigh in relief _ we were officially home.

All of a sudden, Lizzie ran straight at us, wrapping me in a tight hug before turning to Jamie and doing the same.

"You're not dead!" Lizzie laughed in a mix of disbelief and happiness before hugging us once more.

"Glad to know you guys had faith in us," Jamie replied sarcastically, causing Lizzie to look at the two of us sheepishly.

"It's not like we didn't believe in you or anything..." Lizzie began causing both me and Jamie to raise our eyebrows.

"It's just that we didn't believe in you," Leo butted in, causing me to hug him tightly.

"Hey, buddy," Jamie greeted, giving Leo a side hug.

"Everyone else (including Sophie and the others) is watching cheesy horror movies so join in on the cringe!" Leo then said dramatically, causing Lizzie to groan.

"Do you seriously have to be that dramatic?" She asked, causing Leo to shake his head.

"Nope!" Leo then replied, nudging the princess playfully as she glared at him.

When we approached the sofas, we saw that the other royals were indeed watching some old horror movie, whilst yelling at the screen and laughing occasionally every few seconds.

As I focused on the movie, I instantly rolled my eyes before yelling, "IS HE SERIOUS RIGHT NOW? Don't bleeping check out the noise, get your bleeping butt outta there!"

Suddenly, all heads turned in my direction, causing me to wave before saying, "Yeah, we're still alive, "

I guess the others were so invested in the movie that they didn't even notice Jimmy and I enter.

"LISA!" Rose shot out of her seat, darting straight into me, causing both Blaze to follow in suit.

Lilly merely waved at me with a friendly smile on her face. Although we weren't exactly that close, we did respect each other.

"So Mrs Blackburn didn't send you to the torture chamber after all..." Sophie pointed out, causing me to laugh slightly.

"Mrs Blackburn doesn't have a torture chamber," I began, before adding in a quieter voice, "right?"

Sophie then gave me an innocent smile before replying with a "maybe".

Not suspicious at all.

Once Rose and Blaze stopped fussing over me and Jimmy, we finally returned to watching the movie in peace.

Suddenly, everything felt normal again; it was as if we never left for Arthur, as if none of us almost died, as if we were normal teenagers living normal lives.

The only thing that really mattered, to be honest, was the fact that all of us were safe and alive.

We were home.