Chapter 3

All the royals sat down at the table awkwardly, looking at me confusedly.

I couldn't really blame them: I never called them in for meeting ever. It was either Jamie or Lizzie.

"No offence, Lisa but are you ok?" Leo asked as I paced around the table with a grim expression on my face.

"She's doing it again," Jamie said, sighing.

I looked at him in confusion _ Jamie somehow knew more about me than I did!

"Doing what?" I demanded impatiently, sounding harsher than I meant to.

"You're blaming yourself for what's going on so you think you'll be able to fix everything with a stupid, suicidal plan," he explained, causing me to look up at him in shock.

So that's why I felt guilty whenever I looked at Leo _ Tempus was his kingdom after all and I was letting it burn to ashes.

"Hmm... so that's why I feel awful..." I mumbled thoughtfully before looking back up at the others, "So, I brought you here today-"

"You're having an important meeting without us?" Ash suddenly teleported into the room, causing everyone in the room to either yelp or scream.

A few seconds later, Maxine walked through a wall right behind me and said, "Idiot, we're supposed to walk into the room like normal people."

Maxine Blackburn and Ash Hope. The two craziest yet greatest friends ever. They always stood by my side and I wasn't surprised when they came to the royal's wing practicality every day to check on me.

"You look like you fought a wild animal," Sophie pointed out, looking at the duo amusedly.

She wasn't wrong: the duo's clothes were extremely wrinkled, Ash's hair was noticeably messy and the two of them look unnaturally flushed and-

OH MY GOD!

"You... you..." I stared at them in shock with my mouth gaping wide.

The two of them suddenly fidgeted uncomfortably and avoided everyone's eyes.

So I was right.

"YOU'RE DATING AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?" Sophie suddenly yelled, breaking the awkward silence.

Maxine and Ash both stared at Sophie nervously, probably waiting for her to pounce on them and kill them.

"Look, can we just get to the point here, we'll interrogate Hope and Blackburn later," Jamie said, causing Ash to look at him in relief.

"Thanks, Regall," he said, smiling widely before standing behind Jamie, "Awww! You care about me and Max _ how adorable!"

Suddenly, Ash started to pull on Jamie's cheeks, making him look very chubby-cheeked.

I snickered loudly, before mumbling into Jamie's ear, "I just found some blackmail material."

Jamie glared at me before slapping Ash's hands away, "Are you actually gonna say anything about why we're here?"

"Geez, no need to sound so grouchy," I mumbled, "Anyway, I am here to tell you that your parents have no idea what they're doing!"

Everyone in the room stared at me blankly.

I then paused, realising that what I said didn't really come out the way I wanted it to.

"I-I mean that... umm... your parents _ the kings and queens_ they aren't exactly doing a good job protecting Tempus," I quickly said, flashing Leo a sympathetic smile.

"So, you wanna just join the soldiers up at the front lines and swing your sword until you end up accidentally killing yourself?" Jamie asked amusedly

"Shut up _ I wouldn't do that sort of thing!" I simply replied, causing Jamie to smile. I heard him mumble something however he was way too quiet for me to hear him.

"Anyway, I was thinking that the only way to stop this from getting out of hand is to attack the source," I began explaining as the others looked at me curiously.

"So, you wanna kill Arthur so the enemy loses but at the same time, you won't have as many deaths," Jamie added as I nodded.

"Exactly. I was thinking about sending some soldiers there to kill him but..." I trailed off, knowing that once the words left my mouth, chaos will erupt.

"But what?" Sophie asked, looking at me demandingly.

"Well... I was thinking..." I took a deep breath in before forcing the sentence out of my mouth, very, very quickly, "IwannagoandkillArthurmyself."

I braced myself for the chaos and oh boy, did it come!

Everyone suddenly started yelling at me crazily, showing how much they hated the idea.

"No way! Not happening!" Lizzie yelled.

"That's the stupidest thing you've ever said," Blaze added.

"That's just a suicide mission!" Rose snapped at me.

"You're literally gonna die in the first three seconds of the battle," Sophie said.

"She's right. Arthur is a force to be reckoned with," Charles added, causing Sophie to nod in agreement.

Things like "Crazy!" and "Insane!" were repeatedly yelled out at me. Bleeping hell I felt like I was in the middle of a debate in the Houses of Parliament! (A/N for those of you who don't know, the debates that go on there are messy _ just a whole lot of yelling...)

"SHUT THE BLEEP UP!" I suddenly yelled, feeling slightly overwhelmed.

Everyone finally settled down, causing me to end our first ever meeting led by me with a, "Just go to bed."

Sighing, I slumped in my seat and closed my eyes as everyone left the room. All except for one person.

"I'm surprised you're not mad at me," I pointed out, not needing to open my eyes and see who was next to me.

"Oh, I'm mad," Jamie replied, with a slight playful tone in his voice, "Just didn't wanna give you a rough time _ you seemed stressed."

Once again, I am amazed at how well Jamie could understand me. From the way I behave to the way I spend my time. Nothing gets past that Jammie Dodger!

I opened my eyes and smiled tiredly at him before slumping back in my seat once more.

"You know there's something called a bed. Yeah, it's something you sleep on. This is a chair. You sit on it," Jamie said in a ridiculously patronizing tone.

"You're the worst," I yawned loudly, slowly but surely closing my eyes.

"Let's get you to bed," I heard Jamie said gently before I fell into a deep sleep.