Chapter 30

Lisa's POV:

"Everyone pack up! We're heading out now," Jamie yelled, causing everyone to groan tiredly.

We've been relaxing properly for the first time in the whole entire trip! The last thing we needed was Jamie's annoying voice ordering us to pack up and leave the comfort of our own camp!

We all finished packing up within about 10 minutes, meaning that we hopefully would arrive into the dark realm too late for anyone to stumble across us.

I mean, the moment anyone spots us, we'd be dead.

Well, I guess we'll just have to trust a sociopath and a potential bad guy with our lives.

You know, no biggie.

I carried Emma, hugging her nervously, looking around for any potential threats (I really was on super protective mother mode).

"Don't worry," Jamie whispered into my ear, clearly noticing my tense posture, "We'll get through this just fine. I promise."

"Thanks and all but that literally made no bleeping difference!" I snapped. Just like Jamie, I tended to lash out on people when I became stressed and, of course, Jamie was the best option seen as I was getting my revenge on him.

"Just trying to help," Jamie mumbled defensively, causing me to immediately feel guilty.

You see, Jamie had a good... innocent voice and some of the greatest most effective puppy dog eyes I have ever seen!

He could make you feel guilty for doing something as little as accidentally bumping into him!

"Lisa," Jamie interrupted my chain of thought, "I think we're here."

I looked at the small village in shock. It was in a state very similar to Emma's home yet somehow worse.

It had this dark aura, a chilling feel to it, that unsettled me to no end. It was as if I could feel Arthur's presence watching.

Emma instinctively nuzzled her face in the crook of my neck, causing me to relax slightly at the fact that the little girl was safe with me.

At least that was one thing to be reassured about.

We neared one of the many abandoned houses, causing Jamie to suddenly crouch down and search for something.

Suddenly, he pulled open a trap door, leading to a long ladder down.

I gulped nervously, staring down at the deep drop in fear _ this was not going to be easy...

(Another time skip cause I want one)

"COME ON LISA _ YOU'RE WASTING TIME!" Jamie yelled as I stood still, gripping onto the ladder for dear life.

Not only was the drop really deep, but the ladder also happened to be the single slipperiest thing I have ever come across!

Seriously, I nearly fell about twenty times.

So, of course, I decided to do one clever thing and just not move. That way, I would never have to worry about slipping ever again.

"DO YOU WANT TO KILL ARTHUR OR NOT?" Ash yelled, looking up at me amusedly, clearly finding my fear entertaining.

Just you wait, you bleeper, the moment I get down I will rip you to bits with a giant toothpick! I thought, smirking at the image I got in my mind.

All of a sudden, I felt my feet touch the ground. So, Ash decided to distract me so his brother could teleport up and get me down.

I almost kissed the ground however remembered how disgusting it felt the last time I did it so I instead resorted to hugging the wall tightly.

"I LOVE YOU WALL!" I yelled blissfully, kissing the wall before wrinkling my nose at the disgusting dampness for the wall I nearly made out with.

"Can you please stop trying to make out with walls please, we've got something more important to do," Jamie said, laughing at my angry expression before walking past me towards the darkness.

I followed him, practically stomping, with Emma (who was helped down by Maxine) holding my hand.

We walked past the series of corridors with me occasionally shivering at the entire feel to the place.

After what felt like hours of walking, we finally reached a door, Jamie walked up to it with a confused expression before doing this weird knocking thing.

This then caused the large door to open, revealing a girl who looked to be... well, I didn't know how old she looked, only that she was younger than us.

"Woah, what the hell is a kid doing with you?" She asked, looking at Emma curiously.

"Long story," we all chorused, causing the girl in front of us to look at us in a mix of shock and confusion.

"So... you have the power of being creepy too," she mumbled, causing me to smile _ I already liked this person.

"I'm Beth," she introduced, leading us into the small room.

"I'm Lisa. This is Emma. That is a Jammie Dodger. Those two over there are the blushing couple. That dude is a demon. And this person over here knocked a demon with a log," I said, pointing to every person as I spoke, before heading over to one of the sofas and sat down by Sophie.

"Nice intro," Sophie mumbled, causing me to nudge her playfully, laughing.

"You're just lucky you and Charles weren't there otherwise that intro would be way messier!" I then said, causing Sophie to roll her eyes.

"And this is why I totally didn't miss you," she grumbled, causing me to slap her arm.

"HEY! I thought you were supposed to be my super supportive friend!" I whined.

"Actually," Maxine suddenly popped up behind us, "That's my job. Hers is to embarrass us."

"I hate you people," Sophie glared at the two of us.

The two of us simply started laughing, causing Sophie to smile at our crazy fit before joining in herself.

"Oh by the way," I then began, as the other two stopped laughing, "Did you and Charles... you know... kiss... or anything?"

"WHAT?" She suddenly yelled, causing many heads to snap in our direction, "Uh... I mean... no..."

I sighed in disappointment, shaking my head, "Congratulations, Jammie Dodger, you won the bleeping bet!"

"WHOOOO!" Jamie yelled, pumping his fist in the air triumphantly, "That pizza is mine!"

Under his breath, I could've sworn Jamie sigh in relief the moment he found out he won the bet.

He totally wasn't relieved about the pizza.