Chapter 33

We were all gathered in the room with Jamie, Martin and I sat at the dinner table, staring at a drawn map of Arthur's palace.

Due to the fact that Beth was a healer, we left her to heal most of Emma's wounds _ at least the ones she could manage.

As for Sophie and Charles, well I made sure they were sat together on the sofa where they could "bond".

Or at least so Charles could get his revenge on Sophie. I mean, after all that time of Sophie ignoring Charles, it was finally time for Sophie to get a taste of her own medicine.

The others were upstairs, patrolling the area for any of Arthur's soldiers or another one of his weird wispy things.

They were also probably trying to escape the cramped room that barely fit all of us.

Anyway, as I stared at the map, I started picturing our genius plan; we'd sneak into the palace by making a distraction for the guards surrounding the outside of the building, then me, Maxine, Jamie and Ash would head over to the throne room whilst Jack, Grayson, Sophie and Charles would eliminate most of Arthur's strongest supporters and try to free all the tortured victims.

"You need to be extra careful when you're on your way to the throne room," Martin then warned, "Arthur has so many soldiers patrolling the area there. It would be impossible to just waltz right in without getting killed on the spot."

"We can have Maxine get us through one of the walls into the throne room. That way none of the guards would see us and Arthur would be taken off guard," Jamie suggested as I nodded in agreement.

"Maxine can then probably hold off the guards with Jamie and Ash. I should hopefully kill Arthur in time," I then replied, causing Jamie to immediately protest.

"No, no, no, no! You are not going in there by yourself!" Jamie snapped as I sighed _ I knew the bleeper was gonna have a problem with my plan.

"Look, there is no way Maxine and Ash can hold off that many guards for that long! Besides, I'll only be a wall away _ you'll know when I'm in trouble," I replied, holding Jamie's hand under the table reassuringly.

"But... but you could die..." he mumbled sadly.

"We've already established this back home. I need to be the one to kill Arthur. I'm the only one powerful enough to do so," I then said stubbornly as Jamie rolled his eyes.

"Doesn't mean I can't be there with you," Jamie replied.

"If you're there, you'll distract me. I'll be too worried about you to focus and you know I can't use my powers properly if I don't focus!" I snapped defiantly.

"At least I'll be there to keep you safe!" Jamie then yelled.

"Oh please! I beat you every single time during battle training nowadays. And besides ever since I touched the Celestian tree-" my voice suddenly faltered as I realised my huge mistake.

"You did what?" Jamie demanded, causing me to look at him sheepishly _ I should not have said that!

"Did I say something? I don't think I did. Can we get back to our fight about my crazy sacrifice, please? I prefer that a lot more than-" I mumbled innocently.

"YOU IDIOT!" Jamie suddenly yelled, interrupting me rudely.

"Here comes the tantrum," I mumbled before looking at Martin apologetically.

I then turned to Beth, gesturing to the door, causing her to nod and quickly pick Emma up, claiming that they were going to explore the house upstairs.

Once they finally left, Jamie completely lost his temper.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?" He fumed, causing me to flinch.

"Jamie calm the hell down _ it was a mistake!" Charles snapped.

"CALM DOWN? SHE COULD'VE DIED!" Jamie bellowed, causing me to sigh irritably.

Of course, if I was bored, I would've let Jamie carry on with his childish temper tantrum however we had a job to do with no time to waste.

"Look, if you don't shut your bleeping gob, I will stuff my sword down that throat of yours and rip out your insides!" I snapped, "Besides, we're only a few days away from actually going in there and killing Arthur. Do you really think this is the right time to start yelling at me for risking my life?"

Jamie glared at me before slowly settling back down into his seat, clearly hating the fact that I was right.

Martin looked over at me in awe before saying, "You really are the threats master..."

I beamed proudly, before arrogantly glancing over to Jamie, "See? This is what a good person is supposed to be like. You know people actually prefer to be complimented rather than insulted, right?"

Jamie rolled his eyes before grumbling something along the lines of, "I'm not that mean..." causing me to elbow him playfully.

And just like that, we were back to normal.

"Is this normal?" Martin asked Charles, causing him to nod.

"Yeah, we've kinda gotten used to it," he mumbled, causing Sophie to snort and mumble something quietly.

Charles simply rolled his eyes and turned on the small TV, turning down the volume a tiny bit so we could concentrate on planning.

I could see Sophie's clearly hurt expression however she immediately covered it up with a determined smile as she returned to attempt to get Charles talking to her once more.

"Ok, let's just say that after we finish off all the guards and close allies, Jack, Grayson and the others could go and free the prisoners then the rest of us could get into the throne room and help you out," Jamie suggested.

"I guess that's the best compromise we could make, right?" I asked, causing Jamie to nod.

"It's either that or have me glued to your side at all times. I don't think you'd be able to fight properly with me around though, especially since I am so attractive it's distracting," Jamie boasted as I groaned, rolling my eyes.

"Seriously? You're that arrogant?" I demanded, looking at Jamie with a hint of amusement.

"Only around you," he replied, causing me to roll my eyes.

Bleeping hell, the idiot made me blush!