📓 | the creepy admirer

if any of y'all were here from the previous journal (which i removed because wow what a cringefest), you'll know about the flirt guy who had a crush on me (as well as gave me a lOt of problems). so, i'm here to give y'all the full story of what happened!

let's call this guy d (because newsflash: he is one). d and i met in church 4 years ago when my parents decided to change churches due to political conflict within the church. he and i are of the same age but he was technically 8 months and 11 days younger than i was. he and i started talking only because we both had a common interest in anime. (however, strictly speaking, i had a sole interest in dragon ball at the time and had the nerve to go around saying i watched anime. i want to shoot 🤠🔫)

not too long after, i met this other guy whom we shall call v (that's another story, and no, i don't like him either). after i posted on ig of a concert which v and i had to emcee, my schoolmates and d began to ship us. at the same time, the kids in church began to ship d and i.

now, after both d and i graduated from the children's service, we were both supposed to attend the teens' service on saturday. it was around this time d began to dm me pick-up lines on ig. i had a gut feeling telling me that he liked me in that way (because of another story which happened before i even met d), so i proceeded to leave his messages on "read".

i began to sporadically skip the teens' service, and then i just stopped going altogether. most of the teens really annoyed me with the d x me ship so. (i may skip the teens' service, but i do go for the sunday service.)

in march this year, the church hosted an anniversary lunch at one of the resorts. my parents being such loyal supporters of d x me, decided to leave me at the teens table right next to him. it wasn't helping my sunburn from sports day a few days prior was still there, and the teens insisted i was blushing because i was sitting next to d. they also called us a "cute couple" much to my disgust but to his joy, because he proceeded to send me:

my whole mood that day when he talked to me was "i'm being nice by talking but keep your distance thanks"

a few months after, like around june or july, he said he got over me and found a new crush. we began to talk normally after that (mainly because he stopped his pick-up line rampage and started to talk to me normally instead of greeting me with "qq-senpai", which makes me really uncomfortable).

another gross thing was that i sent him some qualities of my ideal guy (because he asked me to) and he had the nerve to say he was actually two of them??? (what a narcissist smh) nope. if he actually was any of the points, i wouldn't even have sent him the list in the first place. also, just because i indirectly told him i didn't like him as well as most guys in general, he started to insist that i was gay?? okay, i smell a salty heartbroken kid. just because i don't like guys i meet nowadays does not equal to me being gay.

also, he told me he stopped going to the teens' service and only comes down on sundays just to see, or rather, pester me. usually, he keeps his distance when my younger sister is around because he's scared of her. but the other week he was all over me just because i didn't want to look at this meme he had in his phone. and by "all over me", i mean he tried to force me to look at the meme and so he was towering over me and got too close for comfort in the process. so to avoid situations like these, i usually have my sister by my side.

recently, during an anime con, i was chaperoning my sister and her friends (who were being embarrassing) and i was waiting for my friend tea to show up and save me. d was also dming me asking where i was since he was also at the con on the same day with his friends whom he ditched. i was confused because he told me he said he would be coming with his crush but he then said she cancelled it last minute. i also didn't tell him which part of the exhibition i was at as to avoid running into him because the consequences would definitely not be pretty, seeing how he only comes to church on sunday to pester me.

while my sister and her friends were eating their instant noodles, i went to the section where fan merch was being sold to get stuff for another friend after confirming with her which stuff she wanted. when i was nearing the entrance, it just so happened d was there and he spotted me even before i had the chance to react. he then started to follow me around as i got the stuff for my friends. he still said, "i wonder what people will think when they see us like this." (wtf??????) thankfully, i managed to lose him in the crowd to find my sister and her friends after getting out of the fan merch section. at this point, i was really desperate for tea to show up. however, she said that the queues for the tickets were really long and it was also a little crowded, so she said she'd come later.

however, i needed to go back to the fan merch section to get more stuff (as well as check out that totoro plushie/keychain that looked really cute). so i went back there and he was at the entrance again and he followed me again. i was getting really uncomfortable because he was constantly following me at a distance i didn't approve of. thankfully, my sister was there (since she went to get her pokémon keychains) and she saved me, because he kept his distance after that.

so yep, that's my story with d. :):)

advice from me: it's fine if you have a crush on someone! however, don't do anything they wouldn't like, or attempt to pull of a stunt you saw on a kdrama or a shoujo anime. just because the female protag likes it in the show, it doesn't mean your crush will automatically like it too. (in this instance, d sending me pick-up lines on an almost daily basis.) if your crush is uncomfortable, step back and don't pester them. if your crush doesn't like you, don't be a creep like how d was. no one likes a salty admirer. :)

091218