🍵 | kboos & wboos

just when i started to gain a little bit of faith in humanity, there's bound to be someone who screws something up and makes me lose the faith again.

and this time, it happens to be koreaboos and weaboos.

(i'm cringing at the mere thought of them yikes!)

before we go on, let me give you the definition of a koreaboo.

according to google, a koreaboo is a non-korean person who is overly obsessed with korean (pop) culture, generally to the point of vocalizing their desires to be re-born as korean or make themselves seem more korean (either physically or by adopting mannerisms and speaking habits). the same applies to weaboos, just that they are obsessed with everything japanese.

how to identify these people? simple.

for koreaboos: blast a bunch of kpop music and they will immediately start squealing their heads off and try to sing along but with the wrong lyrics. or you could show them something korean and they will completely lose it. basically people who replace any words they possibly can with korean. (ie "how do i make oppa sarang me?", "naega international kpop fan imnida.")

for weaboos: blast a bunch of anime songs and they will have the same reaction as a koreaboo. also speaks broken japanese and replaces any word they possibly can with japanese. (ie "ne, (boy name)-kun, don't you think (girl name)-chan is hontou kawaii?", "i suki you!")

(did i just choke and laugh omg)

personally, i feel like they're trying too hard to speak the language?? also, it comes off as cringey and too much of a try-hard to others who actually know how to speak the language??? can you imagine the horror of a japanese person if a weaboo went up to them and unleashed their weaboo shit to them?? the cringe.

another thing is, i don't understand is why these people are so remotely obsessed with changing their heritage?? one good example is this girl on twitter. she actually changed her looks (such as bleaching her skin) to look more korean, and she even went to the extent of changing her name to a korean one??? this shows that you don't really love yourself and are trying to change yourself into something you're really not.

then there's those people (who are not asians) that go to the extent of trying to look korean/asian and pretending they're korean/asian. that's actually gross and weird? if an american actually tried to look chinese and act like one, i'd actually laugh??

one such example are the merrell twins. they're twins who are youtubers and after getting into kpop, they became huge koreaboos. i kid you not. they tried to look korean, such as tying their hair into ponytails (when personally they looked super highkey cringey to me). (a compilation of their koreaboo clips is in the media above.) also, a small part of them is filipino, so they tend to use that minute filipino side of them to say that they're asian (when they're largely white) and that they could be any kind of asian (they said they could be japanese, korean, or chinese).

what. just what.

just because 2% of them is filipino, they think they're asian???? honey, 98% of you is white. yes, you're part asian, i guess, but mainly white. and if you're asian, you're filipino. not japanese, not korean, not chinese. every single asian is different, and just because you're a little bit asian, it doesn't mean you're automatically korean like your idols.

i seriously wonder why do people like these exist LMAO.

+ leave your thoughts in the comments!

031118