22

I sat down in homeroom and waited for Seunghyun. Seconds turned to minutes and first period was now in full swing. Seunghyun hadn't showed up. I needed to find out why. Was he sick? I sent him a few texts then worried when he didn't respond.

He wasn't sick. Even if he was, he usually replies within two minutes. It had been 10. Class droned on and I was out of the classroom as soon as it had ended.

I looked around and found the person I was looking for. "Hankung." "Oh, Eric..." I pulled her into a classroom then closed the door. "Spill. What happened." "It was Dongil...He started doing things to your locker and said nasty things about you..."

She looked like she had more to say. "Go on..." "Seunghyun he...They fought. It was bad..." I couldn't hide the shock on my face. "How bad...?" "Seunghyun...he was expelled...Dongil got away with just a week suspension. Seunghyun didn't do anything wrong."

She was crying. "Dongil started everything! I shouldn't have let you be nice to him. Make him pay!" I hugged her as she sobbed. "Are you sure...?" "Very. Seunghyun didn't deserve to be expelled." "One more thing." She pulled away then searched my face. "What?"

"Everyone was giggling when I entered school. What was said?" She crossed her arms then sighed. "Dongil. He started more rumors. He said you suck dick for money and sometimes have yourself being recorded while having sex." I frowned.

"I know. He staged some photos and these drama and gossip loving shitheads ate it up. Now the entire student body thinks you're a slut. A gay one." I rolled my eyes then sighed. "I'll make sure he'll never say a word again." "Ah, class will start soon."

She opened the door then pushed me out. "We can talk more during lunch." "Roger." She patted my back before taking off down the hall. I knew back then I shouldn't have let him off easy, not even for Han's sake.

I slid next to her and received looks from her friends. "I invited him. Be nice." They exchanged looks then continued to eat. "So, Dongil is out for the rest of the week and two days next week." "Ah shit." "What?" I looked at her friends then leaned closer to her.

"Sunwoo was kidnapped again. I have to go find him..." She quickly looked at me then frowned. "I don't mean to sound uncaring or rude, but Dongil needs to be dealt with now. He's going to attack people close to us. And he still hasn't given up on me."

"I understand. But, Sunwoo is more important right now..." "I see. Just, don't forget about us." I patted her head then stole a fry from her friend. "Get your own food." "Nah." Hankung slid her lunch over to me before taking out her phone.

[선]
I moved my body parts then confirmed I was binded. I opened my eyes and was surprised by how dark it was. "Sunwoo." I quickly sat up then looked around. "Who's there?" "Sunwoo, calm down." I was obviously freaking out. I couldn't see anything in the dimly lit room.

I heard clinking growing louder by my side and I swiftly moved in the opposite direction. "Sunwoo, stay still." "Who are you? Stay away." A figure came in view. "Mom...?" She smiled softly. She looked tired. "What happened?"

She shook her head then scooted next to me. "So, your father's side found out about your grandparent's wealth. They want it for themselves. We knew they wouldn't leave us alone and so we wanted you to not have to deal with it. We didn't think they'd go this far..."

"Aunt Maneun..." "She's down here with us. She's asleep right now." I frowned heavily. "So, how have you been all this time?" I sighed then told her everything, not leaving out any detail. "And I was drugged as I was packing my things. Then I woke up here..."

"Ah, Eric sounds special." A blush grew on my face as I looked down. "We're best friends. Of course he's special..." "You used to tell me things, Sun. What's changed?" Despite the situation we were in, I was happy that I was able to joke around with my mom like the old days.

"We're just best friends. The honest truth." "Hm, I can't wait to meet him, if I ever get the chance to." "Even though he used to be a bad student?" "Correct. I want to meet the boy that means so much to my old child." "Geonshi, who are you talking to..."

"Your nephew." Aunt Maneun soon came into view. "Sunwoo, I'm so sorry. I couldn't do anything for you..." "It's my own fault. I should've been nicer to you..." She sat on my other side then sighed in relief. "Guess the whole family's here."

"Sunwoo..." I looked at my mom who's face was grim. "I'm not sure what happened to your father. He used to be down here with me, but he suddenly disappeared. A beam of light soon appeared and two people descended stairs. "Then you can stay here with them."

The light disappeared and my mom went over to see what happen. "Honey..." "Ah, Geonshi...They tried to get me to talk." "Did you?" "Nope." "Dad?" He lifted his head then smiled. "Hey kiddo." I had never thought I'd see my parents ever again.

We sat in a circle in silence. None of us knew what to do. "Sunwoo?" "Yeah?" "Eric...is he coming for you again?" "I don't know. I didn't he was last time." I tapped my feet on the floor out of boredom. "Well, I think he might. You do mean a lot to him since you're so close."

"So, what have you all been doing in the meantime...?" "Word games." "It's either that or sleep." "They treated me nicely last time..." "How so?" "They let me roam around, gave me things to do." "I guess they still had a soft spot for you."

"Shinseo. Do you know someone named Shinseo?" "Yeah, he's your cousin. Don't you remember?" "No." They looked at each other with concern. "So there was damage then..." I was beyond confused. "Someone explain?" "You and Shinseo were playing and an accident happened."

I nodded. "You hit your head, but you seemed fine the next day, so we didn't think much of it..." "Do you remember Shinho?" "No, but I met him." "Oh boy..." They then started to tell me memories they had of me playing with the older twins.