6

I needed to talk to Sunwoo. I left the restroom then descended the stairs in hopes of finding Sunwoo. I checked classrooms, only to end up empty handed. "No one's around when I need them..." My bag slipped off my shoulder slightly as I rested my arms on the railing.

I noticed a group down below and saw Sunwoo was in it. I slid down the rail then hurried over to him. "Sun-" I was shoved aside as they continued talking amongst themselves. He didn't even notice me. "Sun!" He looked around, then back at me. "Eric..."

"Sunwoo! Look at this!" They dragged him away as he looked at me with a somber look for as long as he could. Something definitely wasn't right. Just as I decided to chase after him, the pa crackled to life, beckoning me to the principal's office.

I sat down in annoyance as she flipped through a book. "Eric Sohn..." "Ms. Seuk." She harshly closed the book then looked at me. "I don't want to see you anywhere near my nephew from this moment on, do you hear me?" "Loud and clear, but again, he'll come to me."

She smirked then leaned forward in her seat. "He won't. I've made sure of it." I looked at her with scorn as she sat back and dismissed me. I opened the door then looked back at her. "You won't separate us that easily." "I know. I have many backup plans."

I kicked a locker in anger. She couldn't do this to me. I had finally found someone who looked beyond the mess I was, besides Seunghyun. Even then, Seunghyun and I have been best friends for years, so he already knows what I go through on a daily basis.

I didn't know what it was about Sunwoo, but everything told me that if I let him go, I'd regret it later on. Maybe he was the key to my success later in life. Maybe I do become a novelist and have this story I'm writing published and made into a movie.

And it would only be possible with him in my life. Not only that, I had grown more curious as to what Sunwoo's life was like that he turned to the dark side. I was shoved to the side, snapping me from my thoughts. They laughed as they looked back at me.

"I need to find him." The bell ring, signaling class had begun. I groaned audibly as I raced to my next class.

[선]
I felt awful. The look on his face still haunted me. I couldn't focus in class. I asked to be excused and was given permission. I entered the restroom then splashed my face with water. I needed to get my shit together.

I was still in bewilderment with today's events. I suddenly became a popular student. Everyone wanted to talk to me. They all wanted to indulge on what I had to say. I was confused as hell. I needed to talk to someone, I needed to talk to Eric.

The door opened and two guys had walked in. "Hey Sun." "What's up?" I looked at them then looked back down at the sink. "Leave me alone. You're not actual friends." "Woah, what do you mean?" "We're better friends than Eric would ever be." That was my last nerve.

"Shut up! You don't know Eric!" They put their hands up in defense then one of them smirked. "So, you don't want to hear what he's been saying behind your back?" I quietly eyed them as they slowly approached me. "He calls you the principal's pet." I remained quiet.

"He said you're a good for nothing. No matter what you do, the principal will always favor you. He said he hates people like that." I wiped my face then frowned. "Where did you hear this?" "Where else? Eric himself." I gripped the sickly tightly. "Did he really..."

They nodded as one patted my back. "He said he was only being nice to get in good with the principal since she's been on his case." My hands started to go numb. "He couldn't have said that..." "Why would we lie to you?" I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

"Stop lying to me! Stop lying!" "Really Sunwoo. You should just move on. He doesn't actually want to be friends with you. You can join us at lunch later. If you do, we'll know your answer." They left the restroom as I covered my face with my hands. I didn't want to believe it.

Lunch time rolled around and I found myself heading towards the courtyard instead of the cafeteria. I took up residence next to a tree then brought my knees close to my chest. Eric was a nice person who needed someone. He wasn't as cruel as they made him sound.

A part of me couldn't help but believe that maybe he did say those things. I thought we had something forming between us. The hairs on the back of my neck rose as a sense of danger was felt. I looked around, but saw no one around. I felt uncomfortable.

I picked up my things then walked a bit closer to the school building. The sound of footsteps were heard behind me. I wasn't waiting around to find out what it was as I ran back into the building. I looked out through the window, but didn't see anything.

I placed my hand over my heart in hopes of calming it down. Something was definitely out there, I know I was imagining it. I walked away from the doors and decided to skip lunch altogether and head to my next class.

I sat in the empty room as I looked out the window for anything suspicious. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I heard the door open and quickly turned around. "You..." "Me." "What do you want?" "To talk." "Funny, I want to do the same thing." He sat atop one of the desks.

I started laughing as he and the desk fell over. I immediately stopped as I noticed he was touching his head. "A-Are you okay...?" I kneeled beside him as I held his head to look it over. "I'm okay...it'll just leave a bump." I doubled checked then let his head go.

"What did you want to talk about?" "The school. They're acting as if I'm invisible. Then some dickwads had the audacity to shove me." "Did you see their faces?" "Yeah, they're freshman. I won't mess with them. Yet." I felt bad for him. He was having a rougher time than I.

"What about you?" "Suddenly everyone wants to be my friend. It's suffocating. And..." I thought back to the conversation in the restroom earlier. "And?" "Do you really think that lowly of me?" "What bull crap are you spouting?" "Well, some guys said-" He hit me.