9

I found myself alone on the roof of the school as Eric had stayed home from school. I noticed a small ray of sunlight peeking out from the clouds gathered above. "I know he told me to forget but..." I snapped a photo. I was sure it'd brighten his mood, even it's just a little.

I turned around and saw Seunghyun standing by the door. "Seunghyun...?" "Hey." He walked over to me. "What brings you up here?" "Dunno..." "You're a new friend of Eric's, right?" "Indeed." "Let me tell you something about him. Don't let him know you know." "Got it..."

"Eric isn't his mother's kid. His mom was friends with his biological mom and she offered to raise Eric in her stead, since she couldn't. He didn't really tell me details as to why she couldn't. His dad is a real shithead. And don't ever stay too long at his place."

"Why do you say that?" He turned to me then lifted up his sleeve, revealing a small scar. "He caused this." "How?" "I was trying to get away from him." I couldn't understand why. "Why...?" "He's a huge pervert man. Huge. I barely managed to get away from him then."

"And it's because of his dad that Eric doesn't have many friends. All who came over were scared off by him." I could see the mixed feelings present on his face. "Be careful if you ever go over there, you hear?" "Loud and clear."

[에릭]
I sighed then tossed the crumpled paper into the small fire. I had a spark of inspiration then instantly lost it. The small fire soon died out after a while. The sound of dogs barking and crying babies soon filled my ears. The park had come to life.

I had started to feel better after yesterday's events and decided it'd be better to get fresh air. It did help slightly. "Eric." "Ms. Kang..." She sat down next to me with a smile. Ms. Kang was known throughout the neighborhood for her fizzy fruits. No one knew how she did it.

Everyone loved Ms. Kang, but she always favored my mom the most. "I miss your mother. She was such an interesting person. Now I'm stuck with these new gen moms." I laughed slightly before frowning. "I see you're writing again. Have you found a new inspiration?"

I nodded as I held my story close to me. "It's a guy in my school. We only recently started talking, but words seem never ending whenever I think of him..." She patted my back gently. "I'm glad you're writing again. It suits you well." I gave her a small smile.

I calculated the amount of time it took to get from school to my home and concluded that Sunwoo would be arriving pretty soon. "I apologize Ms. Kang, but I need to get home." "That's fine. Be careful on your way back." I bowed to her then quickly left.

I arrived at the front door then opened the door. A familiar voice was heard, but it didn't sound thrilled. "Sunwoo!" I checked each room then finally found them in my bedroom. I pulled Sunwoo away then glared at my dad. "What the hell?" "Next time, Sunwoo."

He left the room without another word. I slapped him twice. "One, for not waiting for me and two for letting yourself get cornered by him." "I really couldn't get away...He blocked every path..." I could tell he was being genuine. "Still, you should've waited for me."

"Then let's exchange numbers." We soon had each other's numbers then took photos of each other to use for the contact. "Don't ever come here alone. You hear?" "Mhmm." His eyes lit up and he was soon swiping and tapping away on his phone. "What's going on?"

"This." He handed me his phone which displayed a picture of the sky. "I-" "I know you said to forget, but seeing you yesterday...I wanted to make you feel better, even if it was just a tiny speck." I stared at the photo and how well it was taken.

"I'm glad you didn't forget...Thank you..." I really did start to feel better. I never had anyone besides my mother who went out of their way to make me happy. I started to tear up. "Eric...?" "Sunwoo, do you know how lucky I feel right now?"

I was looking at him through my blurry vision. "I do now." "For the longest time, I've only had Seunghyun, and even then he can only do so much as his parents want him to cut ties with me. And now you're here doing things like this..." I was really emotional.

I dropped my papers and sank to the floor. I couldn't understand how I deserved such things like this. I felt arms wrap around me in a protective manner. "I'm here for you. I'll always be here for you. I'll never let my aunt separate us."

I leaned into him subconsciously as I wiped my face dry. "The same goes for me. I may not have much to offer like you, but consider me your..." I pulled away from him then looked him straight in the eyes. "Safe haven." He smiled, but didn't break eye contact. "Same here."

[선]
I walked home alone and felt a familiar feeling. There were people around, but none of them seemed suspicious. I turned around, only to see nothing behind me. I turned back and confirmed nothing was ahead either. Yet the feeling wouldn't go away.

I dialed Eric's number on impulse and hoped he'd answer. "Eric? I'm scared. I have the feeling again, but I don't-" I felt something grab me from behind. I kicked back and was instantly released. I glanced back then ran for my life. I wasn't able to see their face.

I panted heavily as I slid down the front door. It was a man who had grabbed me by my jacket. He wore black clothing and had some sort of mask covering his face. I weakly stood up and dragged myself to my bedroom. I instantly fell asleep once I had closed my eyes.

My eyes fluttered open and my room was completely dark. I checked my digital clock for the time. It was almost midnight. I searched for my phone then proceeded to text Eric in hopes of explaining things to him. After a while of waiting, I concluded he was asleep until...

 After a while of waiting, I concluded he was asleep until

I rubbed my eyes

I rubbed my eyes. He sent me that emoji. What did it mean? Does he like me? So many thoughts swirled through my mind. I asked him and waited for a reply. The wait felt like an eternity. What would I do if he did like me? I didn't feel anything towards him romantically.

My phone vibrated and I quickly looked to see what his response was. Confusion engulfed me as I tried to make heads or tails of what he sent. Couldn't he have just typed it out? It was moments like this that I wanted to knock his lights out.

 Couldn't he have just typed it out? It was moments like this that I wanted to knock his lights out

a/n: what do you think eric meant?