Explain Ch. 26

4....

Ariana's POV

"I couldn't do that." Tate whispered, I turned to him and rolled my eyes.

"Oh really? Why the hell not?" I asked.

"Because you would have died by the time we got to the hospital." He said a little more louder.

"Why do you care?" I sneered.

"I care because...well...I love you." My eyes widened a bit and my mouth hung open.

Did he just say what I thought he said?

I looked over at Ryder and he was giving me a sad look. Did he know about this?

He can't love me, he's with Casey.

"W-What did you just say?" I asked, stalking towards him, he raised his head a bit to look at me and sighed.

"I said I love you, always have, always will." He said then looked down.

"Can I have some clothes?" He asked.

"Ryder, go get him some clothes." I told him but kept my eyes on Tate's face, not daring to leave it.

"If you oh so love me dearly, why did you break my heart? Why did you leave me for her and walk around like you were proud of what you did?" My voice was broken.

"I was forced to." He whispered.

"By who?" I asked.

"Casey." I nearly burst out in laughter.

"Casey forced you to break up with me? Why am I finding that hard to believe?" I crossed my arms and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Well, believe it. She may be small but she can cause some damage."

"This makes no sense, why would she do that?" I asked, walking closer to him so we were only a few feet apart.

"Because...."

"Because why?" I slowly asked.

"Just because." He said a little more sternly.

"Dammit Tate, just tell-"

"Because she would have killed you! Fuck!" He yelled, his eyes darkened and he was filled with anger. I winced at his outburst and backed away.

"Ari, I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." He started walking towards me but I put my hand in front of me, silently telling his to stop.

"Explain." I stated, Ryder came down the stairs, holding a pair of basketball shorts. He handed them to Tate, I gave him a look saying 'go away'.

"And I'm going to have a little chat with Casey." He walked off and it turned to a now more covered up Tate.

"Explain." I repeated.

"Casey manipulated Ryder to get her. She saw me in a magazine when she thought I was dead. When she came here, once you ran off she told me to he with her. I said no and she got angry. She told me that if I don't end things with you and continue to talk to you, she'll kill you.

It sounds crazy, I know but she was the one trying to poison you on our date. I didn't want anything to happen to you so I agreed. She was forcing me to say thing to you that you regret dearly.

When I saw you last night, I couldn't just leave you there. I couldn't. Just seeing you unconscious made me go crazy. That's when I did it." I tried to process everything that he told me. Casey tried to kill me? All of this for a guy!

"Listen," He walked towards me and hugged me,"I know you're not going to forgive me. It's my fault. It's all my fault." He nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck, I snapped back to reality. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him back.

"It's not your fault, it's not anyone's fault except for Casey's. What happened last night? My fault." He raised his head to look and me and rested his forehead on mine.

"Yeah, that was your fault. Don't you ever do that again! If I never heard, you could have been dead!" He half-yelled I rolled my eyes and pulled away from him.

"Dying was an option for me for a while..." I mumbled under my breath.

"What did you say?" Tate slowly asked.

"Nothing, so since you did the venom thingy, what can I do until it wears off?" I asked, quickly changing the subject. He eyed me for a moment then shook it off.

"It's different for every new blood, you obviously could read minds. I don't think you can control it. Also the thirst, easily angered, better hearing, strong, fast. Typical vampire stuff." He shrugged.

"Vampire stuff?" I scoffed, he rolled his eyes and walked to the fridge.

"I'm still new at this, I didn't even think it would work." He mumbled the last part but I heard it as clear as day.

"Wait, so you did something that you didn't even know would work?" I asked in slight anger.

"Yup. But hey, it worked didn't it?" I rolled my eyes.

"How does Ryder know more about this than you do?" It was more rhetoric but he still replied.

"I'm still new, remember?" He replied.

'I'm still surprised it worked.' He thought.

"How long does this thing last?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I don't know, a day, week, month. Year?" I scowled at him, what an idiot. Before I knew it, Tate was hovering over me.

"I may be an idiot, but forever and always, I'm your idiot."

➢➣➢➣➢➣➢➣➢➣➢➣➢➣➢➣➢➣➢➣

So now you know, I actually kinda like this chapter. I hope you guys do too.

OH MAH GAHD do you guys know the actress Jessica Alba? Well she went to my middle school, my old PE teacher was HER teacher, and another teacher dated her in the high school that I'm going to. Isn't that crazy?! He was dating a actress without knowing!

Also that little perverted jackass Jacob Bertrand goes to my school. But who cares about him?

Pervert.

Oh flap I almost forgot...I REACHED 3K!! Yaaaaaaasssss!!! I love you guys so much for coping with this story through it's good and bad times, ily so much!!

Read and shit❥