Hopeless. Ch. 19

Ariana's POV

"What exactly is happening?" Ryder asked."What is he to you?"

She let go of him and held onto his arm.

"He's...my boyfriend." She said, full of love.

That's when my heart started to pick up. My stomach doing flips. And everything froze.

He has a girlfriend?

He's never talked about a girlfriend, or anything. All I heard was muffled voices. My mind was in a frenzy, battling itself. My stomach started to churn and I felt the need to throw up.

I must have zoned out but I didn't care. I don't care about anything right now.

Does this mean we're over?

Does he still love her?

Are they going to be together?

I already knew the answer, yes. The muffled voices were getting louder but I still couldn't hear them. I couldn't see them, everything was just a big blur. My eyes started to burn, I haven't blinked ever since those words came out of her mouth.

He's my boyfriend. Those three, hurtful words rang through my mind.

She's prettier.

She's cuter.

She's perfect.

And what am I? I'm nothing. I'm nothing compared to her. I felt a faint touch but it still wasn't there. This isn't happening. Maybe I heard her wrong? Maybe she said as a guy friend?

She's with him. He's with her.

My cheeks became wet and I was trembling.

Why did this happen to me?

Why did I have to go through this pain?

What did I do wrong?

Why did I have to get him?

My mind was buzzing with un answered questions that may never be answered. My heart tightened and the tears were falling, yet I made no sound, showed no emotion.

My vision became more clear and I wasn't in the living room anymore. I was outside, in the garden. How did I get here? Tiger Lilies were staring up at me. It's funny how I always went to these flowers when I was upset. Their beauty calmed me.

I remember the talk I had with Tate.

Tate.

Casey.

I was filled with rage but it wasn't their fault. They were together, but, why are they still together? What happened? I wanted to ask but I couldn't face them. None of them. No one. Why am I feeling this way? We weren't even official?

Because you love him.

I don't. I can't, I can. I won't, I will. I do. I love him. I loved everything about him, from his smile, his eyes. I can never have him. He's in love with someone else.

Geez, now I know how Miley Cyrus feels. I hope I don't go and sing my feelings out, I'm a terrible singer. I was pulled out of my thoughts when a warm hand touched my shoulder. I didn't bother to turn around.

"Ari, I'm so, so sorry." Thank god it was Ryder, I would have died if it was...him.

"I-It's n-not your f-fault," I stuttered, I took in a deep breath to calm down and sighed,"it's mine. I fell in love without thinking of the consequences. God, I barely know him. I should have known something bad would have happened. I'm such an idiot!" I yelled, Ryder turned me around and pulled me into a hug.