Moral Support

Cisero looked up from his tablet as Natelly entered the kitchen and went to the fridge. He felt a pang of guilt and rubbed his chest. The other alpha had been alternating with Talon in watching over their mate after Uni's disappearance. Cisero had thrown himself into work and trying to work with the council in finding out who was behind the attacks on the six allied packs. He'd been hitting wall after wall and was frustrated. He realized just how much he'd been neglecting his mates.

"I'm sorry."

Natelly's eyebrows rose and he turned from the fridge with wide eyes. "For what?"

Cisero leaned back in his chair and sighed.  "Neglecting you and Verde."

Natelly chuckled as he moved closer. "We aren't neglected. Sure, you're not around as much but you're trying to find our pup and keep the hospital running. We're good." He put his hand on Cisero's shoulder and squeezed lightly. " Don't think too hard on these things."

Cisero rubbed his cheek on Natelly's hand and sighed. He was truly blessed. He had two amazing mates that completely saw past his appearance and accepted him for who he was and an energetic pup that thought he was the world. Soon they'd have two more to add to their family. He didn't think he could get any luckier.

He sighed again and handed Natelly the tablet with a schedule on it. "We need to get coverage at the hospital."

Natelly took it and walked off as he read the names. "Why?"

"Pulaire, you and I are going to Frost Moon."

Natelly turned and stared blankly.

Cisero raised a brow. "You forgot? About Emri's wolf stripping?

Natelly covered his face and leaned against the counter. "Dammit!"

"You really forgot?"

He gripped his chestnut brown hair and groaned in frustration. "I've been so focused on Verde I haven't been paying attention to the date. Shit, shit, shit."

Cisero quickly stood and pulled his hands gently from his hair. He held his wrists down and leaned down to peck the shorter man's lips. "It's fine. Stay with Verde. I'll go."

Natelly tried to pull away.  "But-"

"I'll go too," a voice said from the doorway.

They both turned. Their mouths dropped open as Verde walked into the kitchen. He was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt and had a bag on his shoulder.

Cisero looked quickly at Natelly then moved towards his other mate.  "You don't have to go, babe."

His green and yellow eyes met Cisero's. "I do," he said with determination.  "Bunny was pregnant when they tried to take Uni. He knew she was in danger and ran after her like she was his own child even when I couldn't keep up.  He didn't give up.  I owe him that much."

"No one expects you to be there," Natelly said with a gentle smile.

Verde nodded and tucked a length of hair behind his ear. "I know. But Bunny is also my friend. I've only been thinking of myself. Bunny is hurting too. If someone like me can offer him even a tiny bit of comfort, then I want to give it."

The two alphas swelled with pride at their mate. Even though he was hurting over their missing pup, he was still willing to offer comfort to another. The goddess gave them the perfect mate; loving, self-less, determined, and more.  They hugged him and scented him before pulling away.

"We'll go get our things," Cisero said cupping his cheek and kissing him lightly on the lips.

Natelly frowned and looked around. "Wait. Where's Talon?"