Primo Loco

Chevy went over to stand by Rico.

"You look good, primo," he said quietly hugging him.

Rico smiled.  "So do you. So big and strong now." He pinched the beta's cheeks. "You used to be so little and fluffy."

Chevy blushed.

"That guy is your mate?" Rico asked nodding in Barbosa's direction.

Chevy nodded and smiled. "I really like him, primo. But I'm scared."

"Why?"

"My first mate rejected me too. He said I was too big and manly to be a luna."

Rico sucked his teeth.  "That puta."

"I mean he says it's ok I'm like this."  He scratched the back of his head nervously.  "But what will the pack think? I'm sure they don't expect the commander of Dark Moon to be mated to a manly beta like me."

Rico pulled him close. "Listen to me. If someone like Ari is willing to take a chance on someone like me- a rejectee, a used whore, an uneducated addict-then why wouldn't he give you a chance?"

He pulled back and looked up.  Dom and Ari were in their own little world.  "You think so?"

Rico nodded.

"I'm so glad you're here, primo." He gave him a quick hug.  "Have you called your family yet?"

Rico sucked his teeth and flopped back on the pillows.  "They don't want to hear from me. I was rejected on the night I was kidnapped. Everyone saw."

"No, primo. You don't understand. We all looked for you. Your twin calls me every other day to ask me. They still love you and miss you."

Rico tried to bury into the pillows and sighed. "Why would she be looking for me? My mate rejected me for her."

Chevy shook his head. "So much has happened. You need to talk to her."

He wasn't ready to deal with the family.  There would be a ton of questions he wasn't mentally ready to answer.  "I will. Just not right now." He squeezed Chevy's hand. "I'll talk to them, I promise."

He nodded. "Okay."

The door opened and a doctor in surgical scrubs and nurse walked in. "Ricardo Sanchez! You ready to get the hell out of here?!"

"This guy is way too peppy," Rico whispered giving the doctor a strange look.

Chevy nodded.  "Agreed."

Rico smiled. "Um, yeah?"

Everyone jumped as he clapped his hands. "Excellent! Nurse Daily will remove all those wires and things from you and I'm going to go get all your papers and prescriptions."  He looked around the room.  "Who is taking this fine young man home?"

Everyone looked over to Ari.

"I am," the alpha said stepping forward.

The doctor slapped him on the arm.  "Great! Come with me and I'll explain about the bandages, you can get his papers and then be on your way."

"Oookay." He walked over to the bed and kissed the top of Rico's head. "I'll be right back."

Rico held out his hand for the nurse to remove the tape to his iv. "We'll pray for you."

Chevy snickered. Dom walked over to his beta and smiled.

"Soon as we leave we're going to get lunch then head to the pack," Dom informed them.

"T-the pack? Why?" Chevy felt his heart rate go up.  He wasn't ready to face the pack.

Dom put his hand on his shoulder and he melted under the touch.  "Relax. It's to pack a few clothes. We're going to Western Ridge. We'll be gone a few days."

"Do we have to go?"

Dom chuckled.  He didn't realize the beta was so shy.  "You're alpha-spouse of Dark Moon Central Base. Yes, you have to go and Rico is going to be alpha-spouse of the Northern Ridge so he has to go, too."

"But-" his protest was cut off as Dom placed a finger against his plump lips.

"You were part of the rescue mission as well. It's a celebration.  Plus, you get to spend more time with your cousin and meet some new people."

Chevy deflated. "Okay."

Rico crossed his arms and shook his head. "I don't know why he puts up such a fight. He used to just smile and say yes.  He was a good nino."

"A lot's happened," he grumbled.

"Chevy, relax." Dom cupped his chin in his hand and lifted his face so he was looking into his eyes. "You'll have fun. You'll see."

"If you say so."

Dom kissed him softly. "I do."

After Rico was discharged, the foursome headed to the mall. Ari handed Rico a black card and sent him off. Chevy begged Dom to let him stay but the alpha laughed at him, handed Rico another card, and told the duo to have fun. Rico dragged Chevy from a sports clothing store, to a modern men's store, to a shoe store, to a watch and sunglass store. He dragged the 6'8 red faced beta into a lingerie store where he made him buy three hundred dollars in undergarments with less fabric than a speedo bikini. Then he dragged him to a hair salon and spa where they got facials and their hair done. Four hours and almost two thousand dollars later, they met the relaxed alphas at the food court for lunch.

Ari whistled and stood as his made over mate approached. The long wavy tresses were gone replaced with a shorter cut, tapered sides, and midnight blue curls gelled on top. Both his ears were pierced as was his lip. He wore a pair of khaki cargo shorts with a black belt, a black v neck tee, and an open button down with horrific palm trees all over.

"Is it obnoxious enough?" Rico asked wiggling his eyebrows and turning around.

Ari couldn't help the laugh. "Oh my god. It's hideous!"

Rico fist pumped the air. "Yesss!"

Chevy shook his head and sat in the chair Dom pulled out for him. "I apologise. He was like this back then too."

Ari kissed his lips and pulled out a chair for him. "I like it. It shows personality."

Rico stuck his tongue out.  "Yeah, cousin. You used to like my loud and proud side."

Chevy smiled. "I still do."

"What would you like for lunch?" Dom asked.

Rico handed them back their cards and looked around. "Can we have pizza? I haven't had pizza in sooooo long."

"Pizza it is."

Chevy stood.  "Um, I'll just get a salad."

Dom put his hand on his shoulder pushing him back in his seat. "I'll get it."

"No, it's fine-"

Rico cut in.  "How are you so big eating salad?" he asked looking his cousin up and down.

Chevy clenched his fists.  "Don't make fun of vegetarians."

"Chale!"  Rico smacked his hand and ignored him. "Eat meat. You'll be less fussy."

Chevy gaped at him with wide eyes.  Dom and Ari burst into laughter and walked off to get pizza and one giant salad.