Barbosa's Answer

Chevy arrived at the designated time and knocked on the door. He waited until he was told to come in then walked in shutting the door behind him. The gamma and beta looked up from their work, smiled and waved at him.  He acknowledged them with a nod.  He stood a few feet away from Dom's desk, his face expressionless like a well trained soldier.  The commander was sitting with his back to the door on the phone.  "Commander Barbosa."

Dom spun around and smiled.  "At ease."  He quickly ended the call and tossed his cell on the desk.  

Chevy stood with his legs open and his hands behind his back. He was sure everyone in the room could hear his galloping heart-beat.  He tried to take slow, deep breaths as Dom stood and walked around to the front of his desk. He crossed his arms and leaned against it. "Beta Jiminez. Punctual as usual."

"Thank you, sir."

He waved his hand.  "Let's not be too formal.  What's on your mind?"

"Sir, I know that we are...second chance mates."

Dom nodded. "We are."

"I know I'm...not what you expected."

"You aren't," Dom admitted.

Ouch.  Chevy took a deep breath and rubbed the area over his heart. "I'm ready for your rejection whenever you are."

The first beta and the gamma whipped their heads up.

Dom's smile widened. That was unexpected.  "You think I'm going to reject you?"

Chevy frowned.  "Aren't you?"

He shrugged. "Why?"

"Because I'm not a girl."

Dom looked him up and down.  "I noticed."

"I'm not pretty or cutesy."

"It's not necessary."

Chevy's frustrations were mounting.  The man wasn't taking him seriously.  "Look at me! I'm taller than you and beefy and..."

Dom chuckled softly, cutting him off, and stood on his two feet with his hands in his pockets. Chevy blinked at him. What was going on?  Why wasn't he getting angry or hurrying the rejection along?

Suddenly, the beta and gamma got up.  

The beta cleared his throat.  "I need to go check on the armory."

"I'll be checking the combat training," the gamma called over his shoulder, shutting the door behind him.

Once they were gone the air in the room changed. Chevy held in a whimper as alpha pheromones flooded the room making him want to submit. As a soldier he was trained to resist, but there was a part of him that wanted him to submit to his alpha. To his mate.

"Chevy," Dom's voice was deep and commanding.  It send pleasurable chills up and down Chevy's spine.

He moaned softly. "Yes, sir?"

"Kneel."

Ignoring his training, Chevy slowly sank to his knees, his head down, his hands behind his back. His heart was pounding in his chest. Dom walked around him as if inspecting him. A shiver ran through him as Dom touched the back of his exposed neck.

"Chevy, look at me."

Chevy's  hazel eyes slowly looked up into Dom's steel ones.  Their faces were mere inches apart.

"I have no intention of rejecting you. I've been watching you for some time. I've known you're my mate since before you appeared before me on that mission.  My wolf confirmed it that night." He cupped Chevy's chin in his hand. "I know from watching you, that you are perfect for me and I have no intentions of letting you go."

Chevy moaned as Dom captured his lips. A pulsing electricity flowed from Dom to him and back. His pants tightened and he could feel his body heating up. Dom pulled away lightly nipping his neck.

"I want to take my time getting to know you inside out. Once you're completely comfortable with me, I will mate you and mark you. For now, you'll wear my temporary mark."

"But...why?"  He whispered.  What he really meant was why me but he couldn't get it out.

"I don't want anyone taking what's mine."

Chevy laughed softly. "You have no worries there, Alpha."

"Dom or Dominic." He pecked his lips softly. "I will worry so get used to it."

"Yes, sir."

He grabbed Chevy's large hand in his and pulled him to his feet. They needed to do something else before the beta found himself bent over the desk screaming.  "For now, why don't we ride over to the hospital and visit the rescue you were so protective over."

Chevy blushed.  Dom gripped his hand and pulled him out of the office.  The beta glanced around as they passed people in the hall.  A few of them smiled and greeted them as they made their way to the garage. Was it really okay for him, a lowly beta, to be with such an alpha?

"I wasn't really being protective," he said softly.

Dom stopped in front of a black suv and opened the door for him. "You growled at two alphas and your eyes were gold."

Chevy blushed as he scolded his wolf.

>Whatever. No one messes with family,< his wolf sassed.

He rolled his eyes. "I apologise, sir. Rico is my cousin. We've been looking for him for seven years."

Dom whistled. "That's a long time." The suv came to life and he backed it out of the parking space.

Chevy smiled. "Like I told Alpha Silver, it's why I joined Dark Moon." Dom grabbed Chevy's hand in his and brought it to his lips making the beta blush.

"Well, I'm glad. The fates conspired to bring us together."

"Are you always this romantic?" Chevy said trying to hide his blush.

"Nope. I've been told I'm aloof and uninterested."

Chevy tilted his head a little. "I could see it."

They rode the rest of the way to the hospital in comfortable silence. The radio played edm softly in the background and they both lightly nodded with the beat. When they got to Rico's room, Alpha Silver and three members of the council were already there.

Meridian smiled.  "Commander Barbosa, Beta Jiminez."

"Punisher Meridian, Enforcer German, Judge Ailyn," Dom greeted.

"What brings you gentlemen here?"

Chevy smiled and gave Rico a small wave.  "I'm visiting.  Rico is my cousin."

Judge Ailyn's eyes lit up. "That's wonderful! Have you told the rest of the family he's been found?"

Chevy blushed.  "No. I haven't had the chance to speak with Rico or my commanders about the situation."

She nodded then looked at Dominic. "Why are you here, commander?"

"Beta Jiminez is my mate," he said proudly.

Rico and Ailyn gasped. The others smiled warmly.

"Two mate pairings in one night!" She squealed jumping up and down.

Before she could start gushing, Enforcer German gently grabbed her wrist and tugged her to the door. "Well, we'll let you get to it. The council will be in touch."

Punisher Meridian followed with an apologetic smile. "Be well and congratulations."