Putting Alpha in Place

Cooks and chefs from other packs came to assist with the lunch despite Verde telling them Dark Moon West had it under control. He was pushed out of the house and kitchens and someone finally pulled him into the gathering area by the pack house to help with table set up.

There he found himself with Bunny, Talon, and Chevy. Flavian, a dragon from Condia, Samshin, the King of the merfolk, Raoul, a vampire, Martem, an incubus, and Szymon, a golem were also there to assist along with a few other supernaturals.

"It's a shame the gargoyles are missing out," Verde sighed putting down a box of paper plates.

"Yeah. If they didn't have that whole 'turn to stone during day' thing they'd be as powerful as the dragons and golems," Flavian smiled.

"True true," Raoul agreed.  Using his speed, he quickly spread charcoal in all the grills.

Verde looked up at the gargoyle perched ontop of the packhouse watching over the yard.  "Too bad there weren't some spells or potions they could take to get rid of it."

"Oh, many have tried. It's always been disastrous," Martem replied helping Bunny. 

Chevy looked over at a tall were that seemed old enough to run. "Why didn't you run with the others?"

She shrugged and smoothed the cloth on her table and attached the weights underneath. "I'm not really that athletic. Despite I'm as tall as I am."

He nodded. "Oh."

She tucked an electric blue dyed strand behind her ear. "Everyone assumes because you're tall and built you must be athletic and good at it. I trip on my own two feet walking. Forget anything that needs coordination. "

Chevy and a few others laughed.

She gestured her hand towards them. "I'm sure you all know how it feels to be judged based on one's size."

They nodded. Verde, despite his thick build was quite fast. Raoul stood five foot even but was stronger than most he knew. Chevy and Bunny were both tall and robust. They definitely knew what it was to be judged by size.

Chevy patted her shoulder. "I totally know. I'm all big and tall and people expect me to be tough as steel. But im quite the opposite." He leaned close to his ear and cupped his hand as he spoke. "Don't tell anyone. I like stuffed fluffy things."

Flavian broke out into giggles. "That is too cute!"

A young witch with pink afro puffs wearing a black tank top and mini-skirt snapped her finger and all the wrapped silverware was placed neatly on the table. "Besides, by being here we can offer cold water and help wipe the sweat off all those hot bodies," she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

Talon choked on his water. Bunny giggled softly shaking his head. Martem's eyes turned black as he stared off in thought.

"Mmm. Yummy."

The others cracked up laughing.

"What? All that extra blood flowing through their veins going to 'other' areas. I'm gonna be so full." He closed his eyes and groaned rubbing his arms at the thought.

"Oh my goodness!" Raoul cackled. "You're too much!" He laughed louder when Martem pounced on him and began tickling him.

Bunny stood and stretched his back. Flavian rubbed his own swollen belly and smiled.

"How long are weres pregnant?" he asked.

Bunny poked one of the twins. "Depends."

"On?"