Best Birthday Ever

They were able to petition the council to allow them to have the curfew extended for Erion's birthday. The way their duty rotations worked out, the pack alphas could go to celebrate. The subs had left earlier in the morning to assist with the decoration and set up of a park on pack territory. With so many hands chipping in, everything was set by the time the party started at five.

Dom and Ari arrived at the same time and walked in together with Natelly and Cisero right after. Raven and Midori came carrying a large package they were instructed to bring by Talon. A last minute accident caused Snow to come later then he planned.

Chevy was sitting beneath a tree, cross legged, stuffing his face. Erion was playing the good host and the others were off helping out here and there. He waved Dom over when he saw him. He held up a rib and licked his fingers. "Dom, this is soooo good."

Dom squatted down in front of him and smiled. His beta was always eating. "I thought you were a vegetarian."

Chevy shrugged and frowned. "I just have this craving for meat. I blame the baby."

"Lookit my baby. So messy," he leaned forward and licked the sauce off Chevy's lips then kissed him. Chevy moaned as Dom invaded his mouth.

"Thank you, alpha."

Dom smirked.  "You're right, it's good."

"See?"

A throat clearing made them turn their heads. Chevy raised an eyebrow.  Dom stood to make introductions.

"Chevy, this is Aurina. My ex-mate now wife of Gamma Monahan."

Chevy smiled politely and waved. "Nice to meet you."  He really didn't want to talk.  Especially to anyone's ex-mate so he inhaled another rib.  

She smiled sweetly.  "You too. So how did you meet?"

"We're second chance mates," he replied chewing.

Her eyes widened. A wolf that rejects their mate can never get a second chance mate from the goddess. They can only have a mate of choice. Her mate of choice was an abusive, alcoholic, low rank. She felt a pang of jealousy. This giant of a beta was living it up with the alpha the goddess gave her.

"That's lovely. Have you fully mated?"

"Yes and expecting," Chevy said happily.

Her eyes widened.  "Expecting?"

Dom helped Chevy to his feet then pulled him close and rubbed his noticeable bump. "Say hi, pumpkin."

Chevy giggled.

"Cute."

Chevy looked around.  "How bout you? Children?"

"We've been having trouble conceiving."

He put his hand over Dom's.  What does one say?  "Oh. That's unfortunate."

>That's what happens when you reject your goddess chosen mate. That which you really want is denied you.<

>Now, now. Be nice.<  Chevy chastised his wolf.

His wolf snickered.  >Not a chance, kid. Let me have my moment.<

Chevy spotted Rico and Erion by the drinks. "I'll be right back."

Dom grabbed his hand pulling him back.  "Where you going?"

He kissed Dom's cheek.  "I'm thirsty. I'll be right back."

Erion and Rico met him at the drink table.