80. Gust of Rush

Începe de la început

"Does it—"

"Even if it is. I just wish to know why she hates it."

"The mutts she pronounces are wolves. In our Kingdom, wolves reside."

I gape at him, mutts, it means more than one. My mind drifts to the valley of memories, the fateful night when I met Miracle for the first time; the distinct howls of wolves forced me to run to the woods.

My eyes widen as I find myself in present, Fergal monitoring my face trying to gawk my thoughts through my expressing eyes.

"Why does she despise wolves? Because they are dangerous." I asked, Fergal whereas seem surprise at my digestion of news, Jerry scoffs.

"She despises what she can't crush." My eyes find him; his gaze turns to me, hard and serious.

"She is far more treacherous and evil." I heard him but my eyes found Fergal who seems quiet all of a sudden.

"I agree. At least they are not bias. And they are nice."

"You like Wolves?" an innocent curiosity asks in Jerry's tone.

"Aunt Bambi likes Alpy."

We chuckle together when Tiger comes bouncing before jumping on Jerry who caught her enthusiastically.

"So how these things work, doesn't the localities feel jeopardy?"

"No, they don't. And why should they, they don't harm but protect the woods and people, people are safe." I nodded at Jerry's explanation, believing so, since I too have a great experience with giant wolf who has become my Miracle.

"That's wonderful. Seems like layers of eccentricity are yet to be unveil to me." I comment smiling, reminiscing my encounters with Miracle.

It's been long since it came to meet me.

My trail of thoughts breaks when dead silence greets my eardrums. I raise my gaze to find Jerry and Fergal looking at me quietly before discerning my state, Fergal clears his throat turning to Tiger.

"Let's get you to bed. Jerry, you'll sleep with her today, I'm leaving in an hour." Tiara wince, I frown and Jerry merely nodded at his Brother in law. Fergal kiss Tiger before taking her with him, apparently to her room.

I lean back looking at Jerry, "Need more water?"

"No." we grin at each other before he turn on television and we indulge ourselves into solving murder mystery with the special officer.

*~*~*

The cold breeze whispering in my ears, playing with my tendrils, I blew air in my close palms, warming them against the cold, watching over the deserted path in the dark late night.

Night walks are good, they provide you time to think; also the night walk is interesting even in the lawn of home. I steal some time from sleep, Fergal left soon, quietly. Jerry retire himself after disappointment of finding the killer was someone they totally unexpected. Since I had no intention to sleep, I find way to lawn for night walk.

The noble lady of park, her face, that warmth she provided, I tried to keep along me, even when she left leaving me between misty fog and thoughts. After meeting her, somehow I have really come to reconsider my trust. I know I trust this, even if it's been tested, I won't waver.

I walk glancing around, the strange uneasiness crawling over my chest again, even in sleeping surroundings and quiet air, I walk keeping my mind and senses alert. This strange uneasiness has never settled into peace, I have met unexpected whenever this uneasiness has knock. I walk chewing on my inner cheek roaming my gaze around the dark cloudy night, how the moon must be struggling to shower twilight when these stubborn dark clouds dominating the sky.