45

My howls and growls turn to screams and cries again, and I fall over, backing up in the corner of the room as if I'm being surrounded. I've stayed awake through the whole transformation, and everything aches. There's a pool of blood where I was standing, and where I look around I see where I was scratching my arms, the blood still forming.
If that's not me, then keep him away. Don't let him near me. I can't deal with him hurting me anymore.
As soon as they hear my normal voice again, the door opens, and Mum and Dad come rushing to me. Sirius must have gone to sleep eventually, and I feel guilty for wanting him not to.
Mum wraps a blanket around me and pulls me into a hug, which makes me very uncomfortable. When she pulls away she holds me by my shoulders. She sees what happened to my arms and wipes her eyes.
"Does it hurt?"
I bite my lip and nod, tears prickling my eyes again.
"He's still in shock", Dad explains to her, like every single time. I'm not in shock; i was expecting all this to happen. I'm in sad. It sounds stupid, but it's true.
I stand up with the blanket still wrapped around me, grab some clothes and go into the bathroom. I don't want to talk to them, and the feel of someone touching me right now makes me feel ill.
I turn the taps on for a quick bath, washing the scratches and scars which makes me hiss in pain. I also wash my hair, and blood comes off on my hands when rubbing the shampoo in so I must have bumped it on something. I feel around for it and it's on the right side of my head, but it's just a cut. Likely to bruise, but I don't need any serious medical help.
I get out and get dressed, my short sleeves exposing my arms so as not to put any pressure on them. They already sting from the bath.
When I get downstairs Mum and Dad get me comfy on the sofa next to the one Sirius is sleeping on. Dad asks if I want anything to eat or drink but I shake my head. He asks if I need someone to check me over but he gets the same answer. So they both leave the room, Dad preparing to go to work and Mum to a job interview.
"Are you sure you'll be okay on your own?", she asks us, mainly me. I nod in reply, still not in the mood to communicate properly.
"We're fourteen, i think we can manage", Sirius says.
"Alright then, but no funny business while we're gone, alright?"
"He's too tired to even speak, how could we possibly-"
"Okay, i get the idea. Be good", she kisses my forehead which makes me frown and leaves, locking the door behind her.
I stay on the sofa where I was, and he comes and sits next to me. He puts his arm around me, but it's through a layer of clothes and blankets so I don't mind. He rests his head on my shoulder, and I flinch.
"Too much physical contact?"
I nod stiffly. He removes his arm.
We sit in silence together for a few minutes, but then it feels awkward and weird, like we're strangers. I hug him and he smiles that handsome smile of his, hugging me back.
He touches my left arm gently, the blood all scrubbed off but the stains still there.
"How did that happen?"
I take a moment before responding, deciding to end my silence.
"Me", I say simply.
"Oh, no", he sounds really sad.
"I wasn't thinking straight, don't worry about it"
He kisses me slowly.
"I hope not"