28

I sit up next to him.
"How bad did I hurt your lip?", I ask, as I can't really see the damage properly, although I suppose that's a good thing.
"It's fine. It carried on bleeding for a few minutes and then I cleaned around my mouth and it was OK. I can't even feel it anymore"
"Good"
"Yeah. Good"
His voice sounded distant and sad and when I look at him I see tears running down his face. I've never seen him cry before so I don't know what to say. So I don't say anything, I lock the door and I kiss him. I wipe the tears away from his eyes carefully. I don't want him to cry because of me. I kind of feel the cut on his lip where I accidentally bit him, so I pull away.
"Did I hurt you? Just then?"
"No", he replies with a smile, so I carry on. We carry on like this for a couple of minutes, just kissing, nothing else, when Lily bursts in.
"Who is OH MY MERLIN'S PANTS I DID NOT NEED TO SEE THAT"
"We weren't doing anything that would mentally scar you", Sirius complains.
"That's not the point!", she protests, "I'm just surprised. I thought no one was in here and somebody just locked the door from the outside to annoy people"
"How did you even get in?", I ask.
"Why are you in the boy's bathroom anyway?", Sirius asks at the same time.
"1. I just used Alohomora, of course, and 2. Alice was in the girls' toilet and I'm bursting. I'd appreciate it if you two left so I could... You know..."
"Sorry", I say, picking up the rest of my clothes and following Sirius out of the door.
"Why were you kissing him wearing nothing but your pants?", she asks me as we leave.
"I've just had a bath and my scars are bleeding"
"Right", there's a hint of disbelief in her voice, and I go red but don't say anything.
I lock the door for her and we go into the boy's third year dormitory. I find some tissues and start wiping my bleeding scars in front of the mirror. It's a comfort to be able to see myself in it again. I finish the ones on my legs so put on a clean pair of jeans, and i start doing the ones on my top half.
"Are the ones on my back bleeding?", I ask Sirius, who was just sat there watching and looking sorry for me.
"Yeah. I'll get those"
"You don't have to, I was just asking"
"I know, but I want to"
He pulls out a small handful of tissues and starts slowly wiping the ones on my back. I wince when he goes over one on my side, so he stops for a moment and then carries on when I say it's stopped stinging.
"That's all of them", he says, crumpling up the tissues and putting them in the bin. "Can I do the ones on your face as well?"
"Why?"
"I like cleaning your scars"
"I know, but why?"
"Because I love you, Remus"
This comes as a massive shock. Ever since he asked me on a date I knew he liked me, but... Wow. I slap him.
"What the hell?", he shouts, looking hurt.
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I panicked!"
"So you accidentally slapped me in the face?", he rubs his cheek where I did it, but luckily it wasn't a hard slap.
"You know what I mean"
I rub his cheek, it's gone red a little bit.
"Can we do that again?", he asks, blushing.
"We can't do that again", I say, "It'll be like you don't mean it"
He grabs me by my shoulders and looks right at me.
"I do mean it, though"
He kisses me again, slowly, and then gets another tissue and starts wiping my face like that never happened. He does it really carefully, and when I close my eyes so he can do the two that pass by my eyelids I can feel his warm breath on my face as he does this as delicately as he can.
"I love you too", I blurt out, opening my eyes when he's done.
"You're just being polite", he says, though he's going as red as me.
"I mean it, Sirius. I love you"
He smiles, and wipes his eyes.
"What's wrong?"
"No one's ever said they love me before"
"That's so sad!"
I kiss him again. I tell him I love him again, and look right into his crystal blue eyes as I say this, trying to put as much meaning into it as possible.
And he tells me again, carefully touching the scars on my face as he kisses me, telling me I'm the best person he's ever met, and that he'll never let me think otherwise.