Chapter 10

Here is Chapter 10! I hope you all enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rowan is worried. His fireheart appears to be sick. She has thrown up this morning, last night, and the past three mornings.

Rowan has felt awful with no real way to help his mate as she suffers.

He rubs Aelin's back as she sleeps in their bed. Normally she only sleeps during the night but now it is around 2pm. She had not slept well last night and as a result had needed a nap.

Aelin has not wanted him to call a healer as she wanted to see if whatever was ailing her would go away on its own. Rowan had finally given in and called the head healer about an hour ago to come see them.

He needs to know what is wrong with his mate, if something is seriously wrong, he needs to know now.

He would really like for Aelin to get some more sleep but he knows that she would want to be awake when the healer arrives so he starts to gently wake her up.

Aelin makes a small whining noise and presses her face into her mates thigh. He sympathetically hums at her and runs his hand though her hair.

"What's going on?" Aelin sleepily asks. She rubs the sleep out of her eyes and looks up at Rowan.

"I called the healer to come see you and she should be her soon."

"You what? I thought we were going to wait it out." Aelin looks much more awake at the prospect of a healer.

"You need to be checked out in case something is really wrong, fireheart. If it is nothing serious then we can have the security knowing you are safe and you can go back to sleep. If it does end up being something, then she can help us handle it and we will know what we are dealing with." Rowan says, leaving no room for discussion.

Aelin groans and pulls herself into a sitting position. Rowan helps her up and lets her lean against him.

Someone knocks on their door and Rowan gets up to answer it.

"Hello. Thank you for coming on such short notice." Rowan says.

"Hello your Majesty. It is no problem. My name is Elda and I am here to assess the queen."

"Hello. It is nice to meet you." Aelin says to the healer. She does not stand and that alone shows that she feels worse than she says she does.

"It is an honor your Majesty." Elda says. "Now what kind of symptoms have you been having?"

Aelin describes her nauseousness and all of her other symptoms and Elda listens, nods, and writes notes down on a small piece of paper. Elda considers for a moment and then turns to Rowan.

"Would you mind stepping out for a minute?" She asks him.

Rowan nods, gives his mate a kiss, and heads out into the hall. He paces back and forth in front of the door, waiting for news. After what feels like hours but was probably only a few minutes, Elda steps out.

"You can go back in now, your Majesty." She says with a smile and then walks back down the hall.

Rowan is shocked when he walks into the room and sees his mate crying. The way Elda has smiled he had thought that everything was okay. He rushes forward to embrace his mate and try and calm her down.

"Fireheart, what's wrong?" Rowan frantically asks.

"Nothing is wrong you old buzzard." Aelin says. She has a smile on her face even as she cries.

"What?" Rowan asks.

Aelin throws her arms around her mate's neck and whispers into his ear.

"I'm pregnant."

Rowan can not help the smile that spreads across his face. He wraps his wife up into a hug, not too tight, he reminds himself, he does not want to hurt the baby. The baby.

They were going to have a baby.

Rowan starts crying as he holds his mate and thinks about the family they are building together.

"I love you so much." He manages to get out in between tears.

"I love you too."

He gets a second chance. When he lost Lyra, he though he had lost any chance of having a family.

Now he gets to have a family comprised of his brothers, his wife, their court, and their child.

"Well now I guess we have a lot of baby proofing to do in the castle between our baby and Lysandra and Aedion's. And we have to train our court of heathens how to behave around a child." Aelin says with a laugh and Rowan can not help but to join in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next chapter is the announcement!