Chapter 4

Time for Chapter 4! Let's catch up with some of our friends in Adarlan! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Adarlan, Yrene is quickly growing tired of her husband's doting. It was fine at first, but now his incessant care is grating on her nerves.

Yrene is used to moving around constantly, helping others, and teaching, so this never ending rest is bringing her close to her wits end.

"Chaol, I love you, I really do, but you are getting this close to being on my last nerve." Yrene says. Chaol at least has the decency to look a little guilty and he shuffles his feet a tad.

"I just want to make sure that you and the baby, our baby, are safe." Chaol says.

Her husband has grown even more overprotective of her as she has come closer and closer to the baby's due date. Yrene is also concerned for her own safety and her baby's health but Chaol's incessant doting is a little much.

Yrene is worried about what could happen to this baby. It seemed both so recent and so long ago that she was stuck in Innish with no where to go and she was worried either she or her baby could be forced in a similar situation. Also, after seing so much war, it was horrifying to think of their child being in a horrific battle. Her mind then strays to herself or her husband dying in battle and leaving their baby to fend for itself.

Yrene shook her head at herself and tries to stop worrying. They are safe, the war was won, and this baby is going to have the best life they could possibly give it.

But, then again, what if she is a bad mother? What if she messes up this child's life?

She is pulled out of her thoughts by her wonderful husband pressing a kiss to her temple.

"Whatever happens, we face it together." Chaol says.

"Together."

Yrene Towers Westfall has survived the purging of magic, being stuck in Innish, being hunted down in the torre, and possibly the most horrific war of all time. Nothing will stop her from giving her child the best life possible.

She also knows that Chaol will always be there when she needs him and he will do the same for her.

Now they just have to wait for their new little one to arrive. Yrene smiles at her husband and asks him a question.

"What do you think the gender of our little one is going to be?"

"I think it will be a boy." Chaol replies. He rubs a hand over his wife's stomach.

"It is definitely a girl" Yrene responds.

"What makes you so sure?" Chaol sits next to her on the couch, laying a hand on her baby bump.

"Oh I just know"

~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed! The next chapter will see our lovely Lysandra and Aedion being cute so get excited!