Chapter 9 AKA: Laser Eyes

"Faster?" Scott asks Stiles from the back of Derek's Camaro since Stiles told me to go faster even though I'm pushing 85-90.

Scott is scared that I'm going to kill them since I haven't really ever driven before besides in a parking lot.

Stiles looks behind him to see that one of the Argents, most likely Kate following behind us. "Faster," Stiles told me and Scott, now Scott looks even more worried, if that is even possible. I pike up speed.

"Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here." Stiles told him as I was trying to keep Kate behind us and stay on the road.

"If she goes faster, she'll kill us," Scott yells at Stiles from the back as they look at each other. "I mean she hasn't even driven before beside once in a parking lot! And that doesnt even count!" Scott criticizes

"Well, if she doesn't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Stiles yells back, both of them yelling in my ear.

"Okay, A) She has a name," I point out with a shout causing them to stop bickering. "B) Will you two just shut your mouths and stop being passenger and backseat drivers, and C) I'm doing just fine so stop with the criticism and arguing or so help me god I have three options here." I glance at them.

"I can drive us off the road and kill us right here and now or just stop and Kate will kill us, and the third I can make a full on U-turn and go into a head-on collision with kate! Which one?!" I yell and turn my head to Stiles then back to the road and look in the rearview mirror at Scott. They both had wide eyes and neither of them said anything.

I was about to look down back at the road when something caught my eye, the headlights were gone. I looked back at the road then looked in my side mirror. "They're gone," I say slowing down a bit, going from 130 to a 95. Stiles and Scott look back confused then stiles turned on the radio.

"All units, the suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works." I hear Sheriff Stilinski's voice on the radio.

I sigh "Hold on." I say as I kick it back into the 100s and make a sharp turn to the iron works.

When we get there we see Derek crouching behind a machine, bullets bouncing off. I look to see Chris Argent on a balcony shooting at Derek. I came to a large halt as Stiles opens the door. "Get in." He yells to Derek as he gets in the back of the car with Scott.

Derek looks around the machine to see Argent quickly getting out his other gun. Derek takes the opportunity and as soon as he gets a few feet out Argent starts to shoot after him bullets hitting the ground just barely missing him.

Derek, quite literally, jumps in the car to safety and closes the door as Argent starts to shoot the car bullets sparking when they hit and I haul ass out of there.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott yells at Derek peeking his head up from the back.

Derek bangs his fist on the dashboard in frustration. "Damn it, I had him!" He huffs angrily.

Stiles pushes Scott over a bit so he can come in as well "Who, the Alpha?" Stiles asks

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up." Derek yells upset at the fact of how close he was to the alpha.

"Whoa, hey, they're just doing their jobs." Stiles says in a calm voice trying to defend his dad who was, in fact, the sheriff

Derek quickly turns his head to Stiles giving him a look that could kill. Stiles recoils back trying to put some distance from my angry brother and himself.

"Yeah," Derek turns his glare to Scotty. I know where this is going. "thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state." Haha, called it. I laugh to myself as the boys continue their conversation ignoring my giggles.