Chapter 7 AKA: I'm Sorry

I just sat there on the cold tiled flooring of the school. Hot tears stinging my eyes, I couldn't breathe with the heavy and quiet sobs that racked my lungs. The voices of Stiles and Scott were muffled.

It was like when you are underwater and someone is trying to talk to you. You can see their mouths moving, only you can't hear what they have to say.

That's what it felt like, I felt as if I was under water, drowning.

Okay, common Dakota, you have to focus right now. You can't cry in front of Scott and Stiles, you are strong you don't let anyone see you cry. Because crying makes you look weak. You are not weak, you are anything but weak. I say to myself as I wipe the tears that still took refuge within my eyelids.

I then snapped back into reality. Stiles went outside to retrieve something, Scott looked out the door window with anticipation.

When Scott's face paled a whole four shades I knew something was wrong. I jumped up and ran to the door just as Scott was banging on the door screaming at Stiles. "Run! Stiles! Stiles!"

I looked out to see the Alpha staring deeply into Stiles eyes wanting to kill again. My eyes widened. No, not Stiles. I opened the door and ran out halfway ushering Stiles in.

"Stiles common hurry! Stiles! Run common!" I yelled as he ran back up the stairs, I opened the door wider so he could come in. Once inside I slammed the door shut and Stiles put the cutters in between sealing us in for now.

We all breathe heavily and hold onto the doors for support but Scott was the first to speak. "Where is it? Where did it go?" He asks as we all look around.

Stiles shines a flashlight outside. Nothing. We all stepped away slowly from the double doors "That won't hold, will it?"

"Probably not," I say in a flat tone

We all turn around and stare down the long, dark corridors of the school. We then haul ass to the nearest classroom when we hear the Alpha howl.

Stiles and Scott go to push the teacher's desk in front of the door but it makes a screech causing them to stop "Stop, stop." Stiles holds his hand up to Scott "The door's not gonna keep it out."

"I know." He says 'cause we all know it.

"It's your boss." Stikes just comes right out with what we're all thinking.

"What?" Scott asks. Well, what two of the three of us were thinking.

"Deaton, the alpha? Your boss."

"No," Scott says not wanting to believe it.

"Yes, murdering psycho werewolf," Stiles says emphasizing the last three words.

"That can't be."

"He disappears, and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek 20 feet through the air?" He shrugs his shoulders sarcastically "That's not convenient timing?" I look down upon hearing Stiles talk about my brother.

"It's not him." Scott continues to deny it

"He killed Derek."

"No, Derek's not dead." I finally interject their conversation "He's not dead" I growled out not wanting to believe it.

"Blood spurted out of his mouth, okay? That doesn't exactly qualify as a minor injury. He's dead, and we're next." Stiles whisper-shouts at us.

"Can we stop talking about my brother like he's dead, Okay!" I whisper-shout, trying not to think about it, even though I know deep down that he probably is.