Chapter 42 - Polendina Returns

Kassius

They both stand up, flabbergasted at what they are looking at. Yang's eyes are bursting from their sockets when she looks at Penny as she approaches. She pinches her own arm to make sure that she is not hallucinating, but she feels the sharp rush of pain from her nails pressing together on her forearm. She gasps from the sudden pain and flaps her arm around to shake the pain out. Penny walks over to them, and the small female android has suffered some punishment in her repaired body. Her arm reattached, upper half of her body repaired and her legs put back together. However she has suffered a hole in her flank where cables are dangling out and scorch marks have been formed across her body. Some fabrics have been torn off in places but she does not seem overly bothered by it. Yang slowly approaches her and she looks at Penny. "Penny?" She cautiously asks, nervous in case if she is some kind of Merlot Trap. Luring them in to kill them, but it is definitely Penny from her mannerisms.

"Hello again, Yang! I've missed you!" She squeaks as she wraps her arms around Yang and lifts the much taller girl off the floor as she swings her back and forth in her hug. Kassius draws his swords, still unsure if this is to be believed. He knows of Penny because he saw the footage of Pyrrha accidentally tearing her apart with her semblance, due to Emerald messing with her head. Yang holds her hand out to Kassius, turning purple from being held so tight, as Penny always did.

"She does this." Yang strains with tears being pushed from her eyes, like a sponge being squished to push the water out. It feels like a year until Penny releases her and Yang captures her breath again, hands on her knees, looking up at Penny. Yang is still bewildered right now. "How – How?" She stammers as she looks at her brand new body, walking around her and looking at her. She looks exactly the same, apart from the damage done to her from something.

"My father was very kind, he rebuilt my body completely." Penny gleefully tells her, bouncing on her toes with a big smile. Kassius flicks Lash Equinox downwards, the blades fold back into the hilt and he approaches Penny. He is starting to come around, trusting her in the same way that Yang seems to.

"You father?" He asks her.

"Professor Merlot!" She happily answers, her head bobbing towards him and they both look at each other.

"Merlot built you?" Kassius asks her, Yang standing beside Penny, still trying to see if this is actually real.

"Yes! He said that I was destined to save the world one day! Seems the tournament was not that day." Penny explains, shrugging from the memory of her death. Kassius looks at Yang and then at her.

"Penny, do you remember what happened?" Kassius asks her.

"Yes! Pyrrha Nikos accidentally used her semblance on me, somebody got into her head." Penny explains, and they eyes widen in disbelief at how she really does know the truth of what happened to her. They both look at each other with just their eyes and then back at the small android.

"How did you know that?" Yang questions with a raised eyebrow.

"Because it happened to me." Penny answers literally.

"No, the whole thing of her being tricked?" Yang corrects to make it clearer for Penny. Penny nods her head, understanding what they are asking of her now.

"I have diagnostics, and I detected that somebody was making her see things that were not there when I was about to launch my swords at her. I never expected it to lead to that, however." Penny explains, looking down at the floor with guilt in her big green optics. Yang smiles as she places her hand on her shoulder.

"It's okay, you didn't know – and neither did Pyrrha." Yang assures her. Penny looks up at her friend and she smiles sweetly. Yang then looks at the hole in her side and she then looks up at the face of Penny afterwards. "How did that happen?" She asks her.