Chapter 20 - Fear's Aftermath

Qrow

The Uncle, the father...he is a man who is filled with many lies. But they are lies that he keeps from people to keep them safe, even if they hate him for it. Much like Taiyang, the man that despises him for the pressure that was put upon his shoulders, having to raise a second child that was not even his own, because of his curse. Perhaps Taiyang hates the semblance that he has instead of the man who is victimised by it; perhaps he did love Summer, who knows?

Qrow's reasons however for keeping these things secret were never confused, they were never selfish, and he did it to protect the people he loves. He walks away from where he got slapped by Winter, an ice pack pressed to his cheek, and he is looking for Yang. He needs to talk to her.

They have to fix the broken glass in their family. Qrow walks down the hall and he turns a corner, seeing Yang resting her head on Kassius' shoulder. She has her hand clutched in his as they talk to each other. He is still sat near the hospital in case the doctors need to talk to him, but he seems alright. Yang looks at him, and there is some hostility in the look she gives him. He is about to go but Kassius whispers into her ear. "Talk to him." He whispers to her. She looks at him with a confused expression, her lilac eyes surprised.

"Huh?" She responds.

Kassius moves his fingers through the soft golden locks of golden blonde hair, making her feel comfortable, love bouncing around in her breast. She rubs her head against his hand, holding onto him as he makes her feel loved, her eyes closing. "You need to talk to him, let him tell you everything." Kassius advises gently. She kisses him on the lips, the wanting to do so overcoming her, his arm wrapping around her back as she holds him. They break the kiss, their foreheads touching. "Go, he needs to explain." He says to her. She exhales and she nods, getting off his lap and walking away from him. Qrow looks at Kassius, and he just nods to the Uncle. Qrow nods back and he sees his niece walking over to him, still looking pretty stern right now. As she should be.

"You have some explaining to do." She coldly says to him.

"I know – I know." He sighs as he leans against the wall, crossing his arms. She stands there and she mimics his position, glaring at him. "I despise my semblance with a passion, you know that." He says to her, and she looks down at the floor. "Because it is the reason that Summer is gone, it's why our team fell apart. When Raven left Team S.T.R.Q, her semblance's balancing ability it had on my bad luck was gone, and it generated all this hatred through the group." Qrow explains, and Yang's eyes widen.

"Mom's semblance is...Good Luck?" She asks.

"Yeah, I guess you could call us Ying and Yang." He says with a chuckle. "And think about it, you have had incredibly good luck in your life when I wasn't around. Only when I did...did you lose your arm. She saved you from Neo when she attacked you on the train in Vale, none could beat you in combat." He explains, listing them. Raven's Good Luck Charm seems to have been passed on genetically to her daughter, just not in the same form. Perhaps the combination of whatever Taiyang's Semblance is, created her semblance that she has today. She shares her mother's red eyes when she is angry and also has the caring nature of her father.

"That makes a lot of sense, now." She says with amazement.

"Summer and I had been wanting a baby for a long time, when Raven pregnant we had been thinking about it. But Raven left...when she was pregnant, and I knew that without her around to balance my Bad Luck, it could hurt Ruby when Summer carried her. So I did something I never wanted to do...I ran...I tried to run." Qrow explains. "Because all I bring when my sister isn't around is pain, suffering – everyone I love gets hurt or dies because of this stupid curse of mine." He clarifies to her and Yang's sternness begins to fade when her eyes notice the tears appearing in Qrow's eyes. Yang has gone from wanting to punch him to wanting to hug him, simply because of her caring nature that she cannot hide away from the people she loves. Even when she is mad at them, just like she did with Blake when she hugged her after pushing her away.