Chapter 10 - Meeting the Master

Winter

The older Schnee Girl is sat down beside Weiss. Weiss holds Myrtenaster in her hands, thinking to herself as she remains there. They both turn when they see Sun and Blake walking in after their talk that they had. Finally able to be more comfortable with their feelings, they are holding hands as they walk in. Weiss smiles when she sees Blake being able to have more emotions than just regret or fear in her life. She can finally feel love. "About time those two decided to do something about their tension." Weiss scoffs as she sits there. Winter smiles as she sees her little sister there, since she is also one who has become more open after meeting Neptune.

"What about you, sister?" Winter asks her with an arched eyebrow, a smirk on her face. Weiss looks at her sister with a tense face.

"What do you mean?" She sharply rebuts, acting all proper again, opposed to the previous position that she was in. Winter laughs a little at how she answered that way, it was all she needed.

"Have you and Neptune decided that you want to be together-together?" Winter asks her curiously. Weiss starts to stutter when she attempts to form a correctly structured answer to that question.

"Well – I – I don't really know if we should – um, you know." She stammers, looking up at her sister. Winter looks at Neptune who is looking over some maps with Yang and Ren, trying to triangulate any clues to find out where Ruby could have been taken. Despite everything he used to do to make himself look cool, when the chips are down he will do whatever it takes to help his friends. As all of Team S.S.S.N would. Winter smiles and she admits something that even Weiss doesn't see coming.

"I like him." She tells her, stopping Weiss in her tracks, and she looks at her sister.

"Wait...what?" She asks.

"I didn't think he was good enough for you, at first...but when I saw how hard he fought even though he was crippled. How he would literally do anything for your happiness?" Winter explains to her. "That is what love really is." Winter promises with a warming smile. Weiss smiles back and she gently hits the side of her head as she always does. "I say go for it...with everything that has been going on lately? I think you've earned a distraction." Winter says with a laugh, clearly referencing when Death stabbed her.

"You really think so?" Weiss asks curiously.

"Of course I do." Winter responds.

But before she can continue, she hears the strange sound of her scroll vibrating. Scrolls have not been working for years since the Fall of Beacon, and now with Mistral's down as well. This is making the situation even worse for the whole Remnant. And yet, despite all of these factors, her scroll has just received a message. Weiss looks at her sister quizzically, since she knows that it shouldn't be possible for that to happen either. Winter reaches over to it on the table and she grabs it, picking it up and opening the message that she has received.

It's short but informed.

Winter,

Ironwood has been imprisoned by your father,

Whitley is working on something called Project: Deimos,

Jacques is working a coup on the council.

Something is happening at Atlas.

Watch yourself out there.

- The Maestro

And that is it, the message ends there. Winter gasps when she reads this information, from an unknown user but the information is quite chilling. That Jacques Schnee is attempting a coup against the Council. Winter looks at Weiss and she gasps, reading the message as well. "Who sent it?" Weiss asks.