Chapter 3 - Arachnophobia

The Onyx Phantom

The white haired, privileged boy waltzes through the halls of his home. Hands crossed behind his back as he walks, passing by staff members who serve them. His mother still drinking in the garden over the potential loss of her two daughters after what happened at Mistral. But when he walks, he pauses in his tracks when he approaches a room. There is a gentle tune of a musical box style object inside the room. It sounds like twinkle, twinkle little star. He peers inside and sees who is inside.

The dark armoured person looks down at a necklace which is open, allowing this beautiful tune to play to her. The black hood conceals her identity, but tears have formed in her glowing orange eyes as she sits there, looking down at the necklace. There is a photograph of a man inside, but before Whitley can get close enough to see what it is. She slams the necklace shut, the tune coming to a close. On the table is the mouth guard and she puts it back on, her breath emerging from the voice changer. She immediately puts the necklace on around her neck once more and stands up to face the boy. It's the Onyx Phantom, and he feels incredibly threatened by her presence. Tears still dripping from her eyes, rolling down her cheeks and Whitley feels like she may need help. "Are you okay?" Whitley asks her. As always, she says absolutely nothing, she just looks away and walks straight past him, her fist clenched with fury now in her eyes. While Whitley stands there, he hears the heavy footfalls of metal boots. His eyes turn when he sees the tall, terrifying, metal chassis of Death as he walks down the hallways with the Onyx Phantom. His red eyes stare straight at him and Death creates a scoff as he walks on, leaving him behind as a black portal forms before him, opening it and they both enter it, the portal closes behind them both.

And they vanished.

Without a trace.

Whitley remains where he saw her, and the piano is beside her. The tune of the necklace still echoing in his mind as he thinks about it.

Whoever the Onyx Phantom is...

She has lost someone very dear to her.

And seeks vengeance.

The portal opens in Salem's Sanctuary, the Knight of Death walking past her. Cinder is sat at the table with Mercury and Emerald by both of her shoulders. She looks down at the thick table top before her, her eyes barely open as she looks away from Loss who is stood in the corner with her Bow in her hand. Her blue eyes glowing bright. Fury and Fear are elsewhere. Salem stands up from her throne as she sees Death enter with the Onyx Phantom. Hazel stands inside with Tyrian. Tyrian has bloodied knuckles and faint stains of blood on his blades, a smirk on his face and a couple scratches on his face. Ruby didn't let him torture her without a fight. But it seems like he won...god knows what he did to her. The Onyx Phantom stands there and Death walks towards Salem as she approaches him. "Our collaborators are doing their jobs?" Salem requests, stopping in front of the Knight of Death. Death nods as he presses the blade of Ferrum Arctus into the floor.

"Yes. Jacques Schnee is using his funds to help Doctor Merlot and the Acolytes of Lien, along with taking control of Atlas. Their Headmaster is currently in a prison." Death reports to her, and that is why he was there.

"Did you get any information of the whereabouts of the girl's friends?" Salem asks. Death looks at the Onyx Phantom and she walks towards Salem, placing a device down on the floor. It shows a map of Remnant, holographically projected from its metallic body as it sits on the floor. The holographic projection of remnant flashes a red beacon on the desert location that they have just teleported to. Somehow somebody at Atlas is getting information from them, perhaps there is a spy amongst Raven's group that is feeding information over to Atlas. A menacing smirk forms on her face as she stands there, her eyes glow bright red when she sees the location. She then looks at Hazel and Cinder. "Hazel, Cinder, Mercury and Emerald. Find them and take care of them." Salem orders. Hazel looks at Cinder and she looks at him. She stands up from her seat and nods to Salem. Loss waves her hand to create a black portal, the Knight Portal. An ability that they all share. The darkness swirls before the four of them. Emerald picks up her weapons, swinging them around by the chains as she walks and Mercury cracks his neck to get back into the fight. Cinder walks over and Hazel just walks up to the portal, stepping in first.