Chapter 16

Around 4 AM, Jimin wakes up to find Kiwi scratching at the door to be let out of the room. Still groggy, Jimin gets up and walks over to the door. He kneels down next to Kiwi and stares at her for a moment. "What's wrong, Kiwi? Why do you want to go out?" Kiwi stops to meow at Jimin before going back to scratching at the door. Jimin looks at the door. "Is there something out there?" He stands up and opens the door for his cat, who rushes out of the room and over to the front door, as soon as she's able to do so. Jimin follows Kiwi over to the front door, where he encounters the same occurrence. Kiwi meows at him and begins scratching at the front door.

Curious, but reluctant to open the door, Jimin picks up Kiwi and holds her after he presses his ear to the door; listening carefully. He is able to make out what sounds like muffled groaning and slight choking. Thinking that it might be Namjoon in trouble, he quickly puts Kiwi down and opens the door.

Upon opening the door, Jimin is shocked to see that it's Jungkook. He's covered in blood, bound, gagged, blindfolded, and kneeling in front of the door. Jimin picks Kiwi up and runs off to get Jin.

Both Jimin and Jin return to bring Jungkook inside. "Oh my god! Jungkook! What happened to you!?" Jin exclaims, as he tries to process what's currently going on. Jungkook lets out a muffled groan through the duct tape that's been placed over his mouth. "Okay. Hold on, hold on. Let us help you." Jin tries to calm Jungkook down as he tries to untie the boy's hands from behind his back. Jungkook's hands are tied in a reverse prayer position with the other end of the material tied around his neck. 

(reverse prayer pose^)

He struggles, frantically trying to get his hands free, slightly choking himself in the process. Touching what seems like rope, Jin feels that it has a wet, gooey, sticky texture to it. He manages to get the material undone and sets it aside. Jimin manages to get the duct tape blindfold off of his friend's head.

Before either Jin, or Jimin, can even attempt to remove the duct tape gag, Jungkook rips it off himself and leans forward, struggling to pull something out of his mouth. Jimin hurries to assist him. Whatever is stuck in Jungkook's mouth is a deep, reddish color. Finally, the two are able to get it out. Jungkook runs off to the bathroom to wash his mouth out. Jimin quickly tosses whatever was in Jungkook's mouth onto the ground. "Ew! What is that!?" Jin comes over to inspect it. Realizing what it is, he pulls Jimin away from it.

"That---That looks like... a heart..." Jin looks over to the material that was wrapped around Jungkook's wrists and neck. "And those are... intestines..." Jin looks at Jimin's hands as well as his own. Finally, he sees that they're covered in blood. "Jimin... Go and wash your hands." Jimin pauses, confused. "Go and wash them now!" Jin commands in the same manner that Namjoon would have. With that, Jimin gets up and runs to the bathroom, where Jungkook is sitting on the floor, in fetal position, crying. Jin rushes over to the bathroom to wash his hands as well and to try and calm Jungkook down.

Hearing the commotion, the rest of the roommates emerge from their rooms and stand outside of the bathroom. First, is Taehyung, followed by Hoseok and Yoongi. "What's going on?" Taehyung asks as he looks at the scene taking place in the bathroom. "What happened?"

Jin barks back, "I don't know." He hugs Jungkook tight and pets him gently, in an attempt to soothe him. Realizing that he mistakenly became aggressive, he calms down. "Jimin found him like this at the door."

Yoongi turns around lazily, spotting the heart and intestines on the ground. "What's all of that over there?" Both Hoseok and Taehyung turn around to see what Yoongi is talking about. Startled, Hoseok jumps a bit, letting out a small yelp as he falls backward onto the bathroom's doorway. Taehyung walks over to inspect the objects on the floor.

He kneels down on one knee and looks closely. "They're human organs. That's what they seem to be, anyway..."

Continuing to gently pet Jungkook, Jin speaks to him in a calm voice. "Jungkook. We need you to tell us what happened to you." Jungkook looks at Jin and then to everyone else. His eyes seem heavy with sorrow, yet filled with terror. Jin asks him to explain what happened again. "Please, Jungkook. You have to tell us what happened." Instead of responding to Jin, Jungkook frees himself from his hyung's embrace and pulls a folded up piece of paper out of his pocket, handing it to Jin. Quietly, Jungkook gets up and goes to wash his hands and face.

Jin gets up and walks over to the couch while reading the piece of paper. Hoseok, Yoongi, and Jimin all follow him. They all sit on the floor, waiting to find out what's on the note. Jungkook remains in the bathroom. With everyone, except for Jungkook, gathered, Jin reads the note aloud.

 With everyone, except for Jungkook, gathered, Jin reads the note aloud

Jin, Hoseok, Jimin, Taehyung, and Yoongi all remain silent. No one can figure out what to say about the situation. Everyone is momentarily numb from too many emotions and thoughts running through their minds. "Namjoon was eviscerated..." Jungkook says, breaking the painful silence in the room. The others all look to him as he walks over to them and kneels on the floor, not far from his friends. "He was killed, eviscerated, and dismembered."

"What do you mean?" Jin asks, frantically. "This has to be a joke..."

Jungkook shakes his head. "It's true. Set killed Namjoon right in front of me and made me cut him up. He used hyung's intestines to tie me up and crammed his heart in my mouth before he gagged me." Jimin begins to cry and Taehyung makes an effort to comfort him. Hoseok excuses himself and sits on the couch, biting his lip so that he wouldn't bawl. Yoongi stares at Jungkook in disbelief. "Namjoon-hyung had figured out who Set was."

"Was he able to tell you before that guy killed him?" Taehyung asks.

"No... When I saw him, he was tied up and had duct tape over his mouth." Jungkook replies solemnly.

"What are we gonna do now?" Jimin asks, sobbing.

"I don't know..." Jin replies. "I really don't know..."

"We should go to the police." Yoongi states. Jungkook looks at Yoongi worriedly. "What's wrong?"

"They're going to think that I did all of it... They'll arrest me..." Jungkook replies.

"Well, we have to do something..."

Jungkook turns to Jin, bowing, "Jin-hyung... Please don't report this to the police." Jin looks at Jungkook.

"Wait. Why are you telling me?" Jin asks, genuinely confused. "Shouldn't you be begging Yoongi?"

"Nope. You're next in command." Yoongi replies to Jin. "You need to decide what happens."

"Well, I..." Jin trails off.

Yoongi insists. "We should call the cops. Even if Kkukie is detained, it's safer than him being here."

Jin looks at Hoseok. "Hoseok, what do you think?"

Hoseok takes a minute to think to himself. "Cops. We should call them."

Jimin is still crying and refuses to speak on the matter. "Okay..." Jin says, "I guess that we'll go to the police station." Jin gets up to grab his jacket. "Jungkook, come. I want you to tell them what happened to you." Reluctantly, Jungkook does as Jin asks and the two head off to the police station.