Chapter 23

I woke up to something burning. There was smoke surrounding me! I jumped up in terror and Screamed. Frost must have heard because he burst into my room within seconds and froze all the flames easily. I gasped in relief but I coughed as the smoke invaded my lungs.
Frost said nothing and quickly helped me out of my room before anything else would happen. I noticed that nothing else was in flames or covered in ice. "What happened?"

I am not sure, I should be asking you that question. Why were you trying to set our home on fire?" Frost asked with a glare full of deep hatred.

Why would I start a fire? Why would I put myself in danger by starting a fire in the room I had slept in?!" I asked in rage.

I do not know, maybe to trick us into believing that someone tried to murder you, and, making us believe that you are oh so helpless and then murdering us in our sleeps!" Frost snapped.

What on this continent is going on here?!" Reaver roared as he stomped into the room.

River tried to trick us by creating a fire in her own room!" Frost cried.

I did no such thing!" I snapped.

There was a fire in your room?!" Reaver asked in shock.

Yes." I answered.

That's impossible, that room is the only room without books and paper in it. I made that room perfectly safe for Gloria if she ever decided to come home." He explained. "There is no way."

River stole stuff and created the fire!" Frost roared.

Frost, you know I am a light sleeper, I will hear anything, and besides, we have Molton with us." Reaver answered.

Wh-who is Molton?" I asked.

He is our dragon, he guards us at night, and he sleeps lightly during the day." Frost mumbled.

River did not start the fire, and if a fire only started in her room, then someone was trying to murder her." Reaver explained.

Wh-what." I stuttered.

Well why else do you think someone would start a fire in your room?" Frost asked.

Umm, I am not so sure."

That is because you have no brain." He replied.

Well, your aunt is a murderer." I snarled.

Your uncle was a murderer, before you killed him!" Frost snapped.

That is enough!" Reaver snapped.

He started it." I growled.

No, you started it when you started the fire!" Frost cried.

You two, ARE ACTING LIKE CHILDREN!!!" Reaver roared.

Yeah." I mumbled.

Wow, you really must be my sister." Frost replied.

I hardly know you, you are not anything close to a brother for me." I hissed.

Why did you bring her?" Reaver asked Frost quietly.

Because we need her." Frost answered.

No one needs me, if I try to defeat Winter I will fail, he is so much stronger than me, and I am weak and afraid, I can not fight in a war I can not win." I explained.

Well, you have to at least try or else the entire continent is going to be taken over by a crazy ice elf who wants nothing but death in our world." Frost answered.

Too bad for them then, because I am not going to fight in a war where I am against Winter." I replied.

PLEASE!" He cried.

No." I answered as I turned towards the door. "You will have to fight without me."

But we will loose, there are not many elves who have agreed to help us." He said.

Nothing I can do about it." I replied as I opened the door and walked out, where Moray suddenly appeared blocking the exit.

Where are you going your majesty?" She asked.

Back to the water kingdom." I answered as I tried walking past her.

But, you agreed to help stop the great war of Winter, which will take place in the winter." Moray replied.

I can not stop it, he will just kill us so, I do not want to be on his bad side, I already am so, maybe if I stay out of the way he wont care about what I do." I answered.

But you said that you would help." She said.

I have said it many times before, I can not do it."

Yes you can, and you will." She replied.

Since when do you give the orders?" I asked.

Since now, he is just going to kill you even if you do not fight, so you should fight." Moray answered.

I do not take orders, I give the orders." I hissed.

Please your majesty, help us defeat the evil here." Frost pleaded.

I sighed and turned around to look at Frost who was standing there. "Why should I help you?"

Because I am your brother." He answered.

Not a good enough answer for me." I replied.

Alright, because we need you to help us."

I turned around and was about to walk away but then, I heard something I simply could not refuse.

We will find a way to bring Tera back." He said and I turned around quickly with tears in my eyes.

There is a way to bring, her b-back?" I asked.

We are not sure, but, Reaver and I will keep looking, we have yet to find a witch who knows something we do not, and she might be willing to help us because, someone mentioned that Tera might have known the witch." Frost explained.

I will help you how ever I can, just as long as we can look for the witch during the prosses of defeating Winter." I replied.

We thank you for joining our rebellion." He said.

No need to thank me, I will only fail, but, I need to thank you for looking for, for our mother." I answered.
And at that moment I knew, that we would forever be, brother and sister, we would protect the continent no matter what, and we would find a way to save our mother together, and then, peace would finally be ours.